+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing home address from Canadian to outside of Canada

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
I apologize if this question was asked before. I applied for citizenship and received an AOR with a home address in Canada. Now I am going away for at least 6 months. I don't have a home address in Canada anymore because I was renting an apartment.

For the time I am away, I will use my Canadian friends' address as my mailing address. However, do I need to change my home address to outside of Canada because I will be away for a long time? And if I do, would it cause any delay in processing of my application?
Thanks!

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I apologize if this question was asked before. I applied for citizenship and received an AOR with a home address in Canada. Now I am going away for at least 6 months. I don't have a home address in Canada anymore because I was renting an apartment.

For the time I am away, I will use my Canadian friends' address as my mailing address. However, do I need to change my home address to outside of Canada because I will be away for a long time? And if I do, would it cause any delay in processing of my application?
Thanks!
Hi,
Did you get an answer to your question ?
thanks

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
Hi,
Did you get an answer to your question ?
thanks
Hi, I had different answers. In a nutshell, changing the address doesn't seem to delay the processing of application, and many people recommend informing IRCC. However, other people said if you don't change the address, it is also ok as long as you are able to come back to Canada for the test. So, I guess there is no single right answer, and all depends on your personal circumstances.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hi, I had different answers. In a nutshell, changing the address doesn't seem to delay the processing of application, and many people recommend informing IRCC. However, other people said if you don't change the address, it is also ok as long as you are able to come back to Canada for the test. So, I guess there is no single right answer, and all depends on your personal circumstances.
Wouldn’t it be misrepresentation if you don’t change your address to an outside Canada address ?
thanks

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
Wouldn’t it be misrepresentation if you don’t change your address to an outside Canada address ?
thanks
I am not an expert, so I can't tell you for sure. I just summarized what other people on the forum have been posting on this topic so far.