+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from S-1 to OWP: before of after POE?

rrrrbradley

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
Hi,

My wife is my dependent we both received our passports today with our S-1 visas. Can she change her status to OWP at the POE? or once we land? if both, which one do you think is better/faster?

What could be the procedure?

Thanks!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rrrrbradley said:
Hi,

My wife is my dependent we both received our passports today with our S-1 visas. Can she change her status to OWP at the POE? or once we land? if both, which one do you think is better/faster?

What could be the procedure?

Thanks!
not very clear question did ur wife and u both apply for study visa/study permit? as u said u both got S-1 visas . if so then ur wife will get a study permit at POE and once ur in canada she can apply for OWP. if u got S-1 and ur wife got V-1 visa then yes ur wife can ask at POE for an OWP.

rrrrbradley

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
Thanks for the response and sorry if I didn't ask clearly.

I am the primary applicant for a master program. My wife is my dependent and she wanted to continue her English studies.

We decided to apply for an English study for her but now she prefer to work rather than study.

Do you think she is able to change her status form s-1 to just trv and receive an OWP?

Thanks again!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rrrrbradley said:
Thanks for the response and sorry if I didn't ask clearly.

I am the primary applicant for a master program. My wife is my dependent and she wanted to continue her English studies.

We decided to apply for an English study for her but now she prefer to work rather than study.

Do you think she is able to change her status form s-1 to just trv and receive an OWP?

Thanks again!
u can try asking at POE but i am not sure as this is a strange case(I am assuming ur wife has a study visa). if it doesnt work then she can always apply for OWP later once in canada.

rrrrbradley

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
What do you think is the best/safest way to do it? can we get rejected at POE if she ask for that?

Do you know the procedure for applying for that inside Canada? what do they require for that?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rrrrbradley said:
What do you think is the best/safest way to do it? can we get rejected at POE if she ask for that?

Do you know the procedure for applying for that inside Canada? what do they require for that?
like I said I cant say but if u get rejected at POE i dont believe it will go on ur record I believe the IO will just say we cant do it here or it cant happen here etc....so once ur in canada u can use online application for work permit.

rrrrbradley

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
Thanks a lot!!!!