+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Express Entry Profile after receiving an ITA - Opinion on case needed.

Sumit Edwards

Jun 21, 2017
Hello, My total work experience is 12 years.I have been working in same organization for last 7 years. Is it Ok to show only the experience of 7 years with my current organization ? Or do i have to show the experience of previous 5 years as well ? I am trying to avoid to go to the companies that i had worked in the past for reference letters. Request you to please suggest

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I have a slightly different situation. I did not include my spouse's education and language history in EE profile and received a score of 438. However, if I do include his details, our EE points go to 436 (still higher than 434 - minimum points of the last draw in which I received ITA at 438).
Can I go ahead with the PR application with my husband since the CRS is still above the minimum draw points?

Below is an extract from my ITA -

If your situation (or that of your spouse or partner) changes, you should try to re-calculate your points score
before you decide to apply for permanent residence. To find out how to re-calculate your score, see <<link removed>>.

If your new score is lower than the minimum points score in the round of invitation from which you were invited to
apply, you should consider declining this invitation to apply
. You should also consider declining this invitation
to apply if you no longer meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry.
Hey,
I just want to know how did things workout for you considering the situation you have mentioned? I am in kind of same boat and confused. I can not decline the invitation at this stage because the cut off scores are higher.

Thanks.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hey,
I just want to know how did things workout for you considering the situation you have mentioned? I am in kind of same boat and confused. I can not decline the invitation at this stage because the cut off scores are higher.

Thanks.
If you got an ITA without spouses education and language, good for you. You don't have to add them later, and if you want to, shouldn't points only increase rather than decrease?

Reactions: chikoo1985

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
If you got an ITA without spouses education and language, good for you. You don't have to add them later, and if you want to, shouldn't points only increase rather than decrease?
Got it. Here is my situation.
My wife has 2 bachelors. (one regular and one correspondence). in the EE profile I did not mention the correspondence thinking why to get in to extra details. I did not claim any points for it and thus no WES evaluation.

So the profile has regular bachelor degree but now I can not get the certificate for it. It is in India but there is no one to ship for next 2 months and my deadline is in 29 days. Should I
- Remove the education completely? If yes won't here be question raised?

OR

- Should I replace it with the correspondence degree? As mentioned I am claiming any points for it anyways.

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Hi

Hello all,

I got ITA recently and my question is about my wife's (who is secondary applicant) work experience. My wife worked in a company where she got her salary in cash and no tax was filed. The salary was not large enough to fall into any tax bracket. I have shown her experience in the Express Entry profile even though it did not add to any additional points. Now Post ITA, I need to submit her employment records (Reference Letter + Salary slips). We have got Reference letter with all details along with monthly salary mentioned in it, but we do not have salary slips or any other document to prove her employment. The company is a registered company.
My question is will cic officials need any other documents or ask for tax filing (which was not done) Or since she is secondary applicant and doesn't add to CIC score, so it will do. I am thinking of 2 options here:
Option 1: Decline ITA and create another EE Profile.
Option 2: Remove my wife's details from Employment Records (which I provided in EE profile) and keep in Personal History.

Just to point out here the company is genuine along with work experience. It's just that how things work in India sometimes may be a hurdle. Many Thanks guys for your help so far!!
Hi

I have the same situation.
Not getting proper documents for wife's employment and had added her in profile.

I have got ITA on this profile.

Now shall I shift the work ex to personal history and mark the work ex as "NO" in my application.

What did you do in this satuation.
have you got your PR.

Regards
Ravi

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Hi

Hi

Not getting proper documents for wife's employment and had added her in profile.

Now shall I shift the work ex to personal history and mark the work ex as "NO" in my application.

have you got your PR.

Regards
Ravi
Yes this is absolutely fine. explain it in LOE that you were not able to gather the documents so you have moved the work ex to personal history and you are not claiming any points for it. I did the same for education section and explained it in LOE post ITA. I have received PPR and waiting for COPR so it's almost confirmed that I will get the PR. Don't worry. It's very common.

Reactions: vuta

sumitk222

Feb 4, 2017
Hi

Hi

have you got your PR.

Regards
Ravi

Yes, You can move your wife's employment details from EE profile to personal history section. I did same and sailed through just fine (got PPR). The thing is, for everything you did not claim points for, you can move to personal history even after ITA. All the best.

Reactions: Ravi Tathgur

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Yes, You can move your wife's employment details from EE profile to personal history section. I did same and sailed through just fine (got PPR). The thing is, for everything you did not claim points for, you can move to personal history even after ITA. All the best.
Thanks for the response

Nabeel_12345

Nov 19, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Is it a problem if I change my primary NOC post ITA? I actually thought it's the most recent job but realize now it's got to be the one you have most experience in. Also, I changed NOC for 2 of my job from 0111 (Finance Manager) to 1112 (Financial Analysts). Will that be a problem? It doesn't have an impaxt on points so I am hoping it wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the help.

max15

May 28, 2014
I just need to make a minor change in my current address in my CIC profile. I've already received my ITA and this change shouldn't affect my score. Can I go ahead with the update or leave it as it is?

Sunapollo

Jun 9, 2018
Hi guys .
I have mentioned my totals hours per week as 45 in EE profile, however my employer has refused it and mentioned 40 instead.
Can we change the number of hours post ITA?

Dev1992

May 5, 2019
Hello Everyone

I got my ITA from the draw on the 24th July, and am preparing the documents for the application.

In that, we noticed some changes to details that need to be corrected from what i entered in the profile for the ITA

1. I mentioned my country of study as UK as I did a UK degree, but i did it in my home country through an affiliated institute, and has not being to the UK for the study duration. This needs to be fixed, as otherwise I need to get a police clearance from UK (which is not needed)

2. For my dates of completion of study, I mentioned the date I had my graduations in (Bachelors and Masters ). The date of graduation is different (after) from the date of issue mentioned in the certificate (difference of about 4 months)

3. Regarding my current work place, in the ITA I mentioned that I am employed as ABC Company which is a conglomerate as an Analyst from June 2018, to date.
I worked for a subsidiary of ABC Company, UA from June 2018 to July 2019 as an Associate Analyst. Currently, I am promoted to Analyst and attached to the parent company ABC. I have 2 letters to prove this. One letter from the subsidiary stating the work relevant to the NOC from 2018 June to 2019 July as an Associate Analyst. The second letter is from the parent company stating I was with the group from 2018 July to date, and an currently as position Analyst. This letter doesn't have NOC work details, as the company was reluctant to provide that :( The period of work and the NOC remain the same here.

So I am hoping to add letters of explanation for each section mentioning the changes and the justification for each, and a combined letter to be uploaded to the Other document place holder just in case.

As non of these affect my CRS score, and I have valid points on the changes, I just want to make sure that I will not face any issues here.

Please give your input on this, or if I am making any mistakes, cause i am a bit worried thinking this is too much changes in details ;(

Thanks in advance
/Dev