+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing employer in ontario

bon

Dec 31, 2008
hi
i want to know if it posible to change employer when i am now a TFW in alberta as food counter attendant and i am being hired in ontario as a caregiver. everything is ready coz i have an LMO and job offer.and want to move to ontario. is it possible changing employer and can i get a new work permit? i am a college graduate but no experience or study in caregiving?
thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a work permit to go with your new LMO. When you get it, you can change employment.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
You can apply for a work permit to go with your new LMO. When you get it, you can change employment.
Except that s/he is applying on the LCP, and doesn't have the experience or training see:

At least six months’ training, or at least one year of full-time paid work experience in the past three years

To claim work experience, you need to have worked for one year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer in a field or occupation similar to what you will do as a live-in caregiver. This experience must have been within the three years immediately before the day on which you make an application for a work permit as a caregiver.

To claim training, it must be full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.

PMM

bon

Dec 31, 2008
thank you for that advice, my new employer will submit my application next week.. can you see a positive result for this application? and how long is the processing ? i am also planning to study a short caregiver course here in canada,while my application is in process. tnx