+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing doctor/panel physician for Medical tests

UScanada170

May 9, 2017
Hi All,

I am looking for some guidance from senior members.
I am based out of US and visiting India later this month. I am planning to get my Medical tests done while I am in India, primarily because of low cost. I have read numerous posts where people were asked to get the further tests done after their first visits to the panel physician.

My question is : Is it possible to get the 2nd set of tests done in US or changing the doctor for further tests? I have seen that people get notification about further tests after few weeks of their primary medical tests and I am sure I would be back in US even before I get any kind of notification.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me tell you something related to this as I was in exact same situation few months back.

While I got my ITA & was waiting for my FBI PCC , I had a business trip coming up to India and I decided to take my family along which was also company paid.

So it was clearly a big savings in terms of paying 1300$ in US ( family of 4) vs less than 20,000Rs in India.

But then came a shock from an Attorney I consulted :

PCC - Yes, once you are back from India trip and have not submitted your application ( AOR), you have to get your PCC again .

This meant getting Indian PCC from Consulate which was simple to get and only few bucks but getting FBI PCC again.

Not sure if you already have your FBI PCC or not but it takes atleast 6-8 weeks and by the time, you will get it again your 90 days will be over.

I chose to pay 1,300$ in US ,submitted my AOR & then went to India.

Long story short, my trip was free to India and I could have easily saved over 1000$ but I didn't wanted all this hassle of getting PCC again.

If you still don't have your FBI PCC and expecting it to come after your India trip, you may try this but could be risky in terms of your overall plans.

Good luck!

UScanada170

May 9, 2017
Thanks Rocky..I still have not been invited but I hope to get the ITA soon.
As suggested by you, I would apply for PCC once I am back or before leaving US..
But for medical..I am really confused..$1300 is a huge amount. May I ask, which State/City you went for medical ?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals should be done close to the date you plan to submit your AOR as you have to enter Canada within 1 year of medical expiration

And after AOR, you would have to wait months for CIC to process your Immigrant visa.

Anyways, I got it done from Atlanta, GA . Take care