+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI

rajmanu24

Aug 10, 2016
Hi All,

I've to change DLI for my student visa, but my new University has fees higher than the earlier university. Do I need to provide more proofs for funding or simply I inform the new DLI through online.

Please suggest.

BR
Manoj

Irteza Abbas

Sep 25, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
PVO: Sydney, SVO: Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2023
Doc's Request.
June 23, 2023
AOR Received.
June 23, 2023
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 2022
Interview........
N/A
Its better not to make any changes because the VO will delay your application processing.
You can easily change you institute when you go there.

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
Irteza Abbas said:
Its better not to make any changes because the VO will delay your application processing.
Hi Irteza Abbas,

I got TRV issued on 12 Oct 2016 on the basis of Acceptance Letter from Conestoga College, Ontario in PGD 2 Yrs and going to Toronto on 27 Nov 2016 as I have booked my flight for the same on 20 Oct 2016.

But I got Acceptance from Concordia university on 25 Oct 2016 for Masters in Computer Science as I want to join Concordia now so I applied for CAQ.

So please let me know, If I get my CAQ approved before my arrival at Toronto then what should be my priorities to change my school and state ?

Should I apply for change of my study permit for the same?

Should I join Conestoga first then apply for withdrawl and refund before joining Concordia?

Or I should change my school at POE after showing them the Acceptance letter from Concordia University?

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: suhelm

kaim11

Nov 8, 2016
Step 1: Access your account
Login to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one by using an existing Sign-In Partner (your online banking information) or a GCKey. Follow the instructions provided.

Step 2: Find your study permit application
Once you have logged into your MyCIC account, click on “Transfer from DLI#” under the “What would you like to do today?” heading.

Enter your study permit application number when prompted (it begins with the letter “S” and can be found on your study permit), then click “Search for my application.” You may be prompted to enter additional details about your original study permit application.

Step 3: Transfer your Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number
When you are prompted to enter the details for your new DLI, enter the following information and then click “Submit transfer”:

the DLI number of your new institution, which can be found on the list of Designated Learning Institutions
your Student ID, which can be found on the letter of acceptance issued by your new institution
the Start Date of your new program of study

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
kaim11 said:
Step 1: Access your account
Login to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one by using an existing Sign-In Partner (your online banking information) or a GCKey. Follow the instructions provided.

Step 2: Find your study permit application
Once you have logged into your MyCIC account, click on “Transfer from DLI#” under the “What would you like to do today?” heading.

Enter your study permit application number when prompted (it begins with the letter “S” and can be found on your study permit), then click “Search for my application.” You may be prompted to enter additional details about your original study permit application.

Step 3: Transfer your Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number
When you are prompted to enter the details for your new DLI, enter the following information and then click “Submit transfer”:

the DLI number of your new institution, which can be found on the list of Designated Learning Institutions
your Student ID, which can be found on the letter of acceptance issued by your new institution
the Start Date of your new program of study
Hi kaim11,
Thanks for clarification. I want some more info on this:

Can this to be done prior to withdrawl and refund application to old institute or after?

Can there be requirement in change of Study Permit as I am going to change my Institute to Quebec?

What if I will try to change institute at POE (Toronto) after showing them LOA for Concordia and CAQ then go for withdrawl and refund later ? I am going to land in Toronto on 27 Nov 2016.

Thanks.

kaim11

Nov 8, 2016
Kulwinder66 said:
Hi kaim11,
Thanks for clarification. I want some more info on this:

Can this to be done prior to withdrawl and refund application to old institute or after?

Can there be requirement in change of Study Permit as I am going to change my Institute to Quebec?

What if I will try to change institute at POE (Toronto) after showing them LOA for Concordia and CAQ then go for withdrawl and refund later ? I am going to land in Toronto on 27 Nov 2016.

Thanks.
- you can do it when you get a letter of acceptance from the new institution
- you don't require to change your study permit when you are going to institution in Quebec
- i don't advice you to show them LOA for concordia just apply like a new student

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
kaim11 said:
- you can do it when you get a letter of acceptance from the new institution
- you don't require to change your study permit when you are going to institution in Quebec
- i don't advice you to show them LOA for concordia just apply like a new student
Thanks a lot kaim11

Kkvalli

Jan 9, 2017
Kulwinder66 said:
Thanks a lot kaim11
I am in the same situation
I submitted Visa Application by Paper
got Approval and got study permit .
After Entering Canada Im trying to change DLI
I tired to create online using GCKey and link my applicaiton , but no applicaiton found
I am trying to Transfer DLI and try to enter the applicaiton number , but applicaiton is not found
How to report this to CIC, every time I call they ask me to file online.
In Online my application is not found.
Please help.

Reactions: Mahdi057

Kkvalli

Jan 9, 2017
I am unable to retrieve my application however I search my application.
Please help what is the best way

txmanjeet

Jun 26, 2017
it's been 3 weeks since I applied for study permit. and I would now like to change the DLI. when you say the VO will delay, does it mean that my application will be treated as a new one once I submit the transfer request?

Keerthana_03

Nov 11, 2021
Hi. I have submitted DLI transfer request outside Canada after receiving TRV / stamped study visa/ approved application. Will I be allowed to enter the country and join new college since I have informed IRCC about my college change or do I need to reapply my Visa?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi. I have submitted DLI transfer request outside Canada after receiving TRV / stamped study visa/ approved application. Will I be allowed to enter the country and join new college since I have informed IRCC about my college change or do I need to reapply my Visa?
You have been posting in a few OLD DLI transfer posts.

There is a recent rule change that you cannot just change DLI. If you want to keep your current study permit you have to study in your DLI for a term.
If you want to change DLI, you need a new study permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html