VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hi all,

My degree is printed with an end date of July 2008 so in EE I put this as the end date of my studies. When filling in personal history post ita I realise that I actually complete my studies/time at uni in May 2008. I was actually living in California in June 2008.

Now, I can obviously cnge this in personal history however should I also change it in education history? I'll explain the change in loe. Any other impacts?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Hi all,

My degree is printed with an end date of July 2008 so in EE I put this as the end date of my studies. When filling in personal history post ita I realise that I actually complete my studies/time at uni in May 2008. I was actually living in California in June 2008.

Now, I can obviously cnge this in personal history however should I also change it in education history? I'll explain the change in loe. Any other impacts?
for that you can mention May 2008 or july 2008 , how ?
may 2008 will be mentioned on your transcripts and july 2008 is there on your graduation degree.

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
kryt0n said:
From my understanding it's the date of graduation which I changed as well after I received the invite. And it automatically changed in personal history. So no need for any Loe according to me. But still wait for others to respond I guess.

Hope this helped.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
for that you can mention May 2008 or july 2008 , how ?
may 2008 will be mentioned on your transcripts and july 2008 is there on your graduation degree.
Well I finished uni in May 2008. My transcripts don't have specific date for the modules, just that the course ran sept 2004-july 2008. I'll either change it or I will leave it as it is and explain in LOE that I completed it as per transcript dates, however the course had then finished for me (it's possible others were still studying then).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Well I finished uni in May 2008. My transcripts don't have specific date for the modules, just that the course ran sept 2004-july 2008. I'll either change it or I will leave it as it is and explain in LOE that I completed it as per transcript dates, however the course had then finished for me (it's possible others were still studying then).
The officer reading your LOE will have to drink some red bull to have the energy to get through all those pages :p

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
trust me i have searched the entire forum to look for this and i'm pretty sure that you can use either of those two dates( course completed date or Graduation date ) .and yes it will be a good idea of mentioning that in LOE .

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
trust me i have searched the entire forum to look for this and i'm pretty sure that you can use either of those two dates( course completed date or Graduation date ) .and yes it will be a good idea of mentioning that in LOE .
Indeed... I think a sentence in my LOE would be all that's needed.

DelPiero07 said:
The officer reading your LOE will have to drink some red bull to have the energy to get through all those pages :p
The first sentence is going to recommend they break out the scotch ;)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had similar dilema last exam / formal end of the school year of the program / date when the diploma was issued.
I went for what was stated in the school program. But then again mine are older than 10 years, so I did not have to explain it.

Most students do finish earlier than what their program states. And some do carry on and some take the time gap as a holiday while still being covered with the student status.

In the application we have personal history which asks what was our official status (employed / self-employed / unemployed / student / maternity leave....)
And then we have travel history to see where we went for short type of visits (so where we physicaly went).
And finally adress history which identifies where we stayed for long term.

So you could still be Student of the university and at the same time enjoying California as a holiday or the summer student trip.

Interestingly some activities can also overlap (you can be student and have part time job at the same time).

So you can go even for the program duration and you can add some short explanation about it.

Reactions: patric__

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vensak said:
I had similar dilema last exam / formal end of the school year of the program / date when the diploma was issued.
I went for what was stated in the school program. But then again mine are older than 10 years, so I did not have to explain it.

Most students do finish earlier than what their program states. And some do carry on and some take the time gap as a holiday while still being covered with the student status.

In the application we have personal history which asks what was our official status (employed / self-employed / unemployed / student / maternity leave....)
And then we have travel history to see where we went for short type of visits (so where we physicaly went).
And finally adress history which identifies where we stayed for long term.

So you could still be Student of the university and at the same time enjoying California as a holiday or the summer student trip.

Interestingly some activities can also overlap (you can be student and have part time job at the same time).

So you can go even for the program duration and you can add some short explanation about it.
Thank you, dude. I understand it's one of those problems that only hits you when you decide there's nothing left to worry about. :)

I hadn't even noticed the overlap for the two years of my EE profile until I started filling in the details around it :p

I'll just leave it as it is and just mention it in my ever expanding LOE.

(I like to generate threads sometimes in the hopes that anyone with the same question can find it and get an idea of the thought process :p )