+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing course after study permit refusal

nikhileragon

Jan 30, 2018
hello everyone,

I applied for a study permit in January 2020 and my application was rejected stating I won't come back to my home and country and my course in not relevant to previous studies, my agents filled my case with an explanation and all other relevant documents including my families wealth and all other things, but unfortunately, I got refusal 3 times, and I had no clue what to do after my 3rd refusal corona came and I was totally lost and confused. Now I am thinking of reapplying again but in a different course which is particular made for students who want to study after masters degree and a year of work experience. the course is known as an Extended course and is offered at the University of Manitoba. one of my friends from my master's applied for it and gt the visa. now I want to know if I will have to apply for the course and study permit with an altogether new application and SOP or what? and what about my previous application? my agents gave me a GC key but I forgot it as they were doing everything on their own mostly. now please tell me how to start with the new study permit option.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What did your GCMS notes say for your three refusals and did you address the issues in each refusal. Can’t compare friends getting visas to your profile and 3 refusals.

nikhileragon

Jan 30, 2018
What did your GCMS notes say for your three refusals and did you address the issues in each refusal. Can’t compare friends getting visas to your profile and 3 refusals.
There wasn't anything major, main reason was that my previous studies and course I opted isn't relevant. Which was mentioned in 3rd refusal only, I didn't applied after that, but 1st and 2nd refusal had only one reason mentioned, it was I won't be going back to my home country after completion of my studies,

And the point I wrote about my friend was to ask if I apply for the extended course, do I have to apply for new application all together and will it need a new SOP or the justification or explanation,.

I am confused about mainly one thing i e should I reapply to the new course or not, coz I don't knw what to do now, even my agents didn't tell me much, they told me that there is nothing wrong with my profile...

Yeah one thing is that I have done MBA , and May be As I opted for a Pgdm course in a different subject than my mba major and minor subjects I had, may be that is a problem.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There wasn't anything major, main reason was that my previous studies and course I opted isn't relevant. Which was mentioned in 3rd refusal only, I didn't applied after that, but 1st and 2nd refusal had only one reason mentioned, it was I won't be going back to my home country after completion of my studies,

And the point I wrote about my friend was to ask if I apply for the extended course, do I have to apply for new application all together and will it need a new SOP or the justification or explanation,.

I am confused about mainly one thing i e should I reapply to the new course or not, coz I don't knw what to do now, even my agents didn't tell me much, they told me that there is nothing wrong with my profile...

Yeah one thing is that I have done MBA , and May be As I opted for a Pgdm course in a different subject than my mba major and minor subjects I had, may be that is a problem.
Usually when you order and pay for GCMS notes you get more information. Usually detail your background information, courses planned and whether relevant. Isn’t extended education is non credit continuing education courses so how will it advance your career and build on your education. You need to submit a new application with LOA and SOP.

nikhileragon

Jan 30, 2018
Usually when you order and pay for GCMS notes you get more information. Usually detail your background information, courses planned and whether relevant. Isn’t extended education is non credit continuing education courses so how will it advance your career and build on your education. You need to submit a new application with LOA and SOP.
[/QUOTE
There wasn't much written other than the facts about my course relevancy...
No the course isn't a non -credit continuing education. It is extended course for people having done MBA, it give extra knowledge base and is specially for people having MBA and work experience of min. 1 year .
I just want to know should I go for it and will my 3 refusals be some problem or not.
Btw thanks for reverting.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have 3 refusals so of course it is an issue. Don't know about his extension program for those with MBAs but you need to show that it builds on your education and how it will help your career in your home country. So you need a very strong SOP.

Reactions: wonderbly

nikhileragon

Jan 30, 2018
You have 3 refusals so of course it is an issue. Don't know about his extension program for those with MBAs but you need to show that it builds on your education and how it will help your career in your home country. So you need a very strong SOP.
Ok thanks... One last doubt, do my SOP need to have details about my previous refusals and course change?