+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing conditions of working holiday visa

Harmon

Mar 6, 2012
Hi guys.

Just need to get a bit of info.

I currently hold a working holiday visa and have undergone my medical examinations to change the conditions on this to enable me to work in schools (I am a teacher). In this time I have moved back to Australia to fulfil work commitments and I am looking to move back over to Canada towards the end of the yr.

Just wondering if I can apply for the change of conditions whilst I am in Australia or do i need to be in Canada to do this. Also how long is the processing time?

This would be a huge help guys, I have all the correct documents but can't seem to get in great contact with CIC from australia and the Canadian office in Australia are not helpful.

Again thanks for your help.

Troy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Harmon said:
Hi guys.

Just need to get a bit of info.

I currently hold a working holiday visa and have undergone my medical examinations to change the conditions on this to enable me to work in schools (I am a teacher). In this time I have moved back to Australia to fulfil work commitments and I am looking to move back over to Canada towards the end of the yr.

Just wondering if I can apply for the change of conditions whilst I am in Australia or do i need to be in Canada to do this. Also how long is the processing time?

This would be a huge help guys, I have all the correct documents but can't seem to get in great contact with CIC from australia and the Canadian office in Australia are not helpful.

Again thanks for your help.

Troy
1. You have to be in Canada to change conditions on an IEC. Processing time electronically is 12 days. (Border points are not allowed to change IEC visas)

Mar 25, 2013
Hi,

I'm looking to do exactly this, but I can't for the life of me work out what process I need to use to get the application sent off. I've been in Canada on the IEC since late April (from UK), and had a medical at the beginning of June. I want to change conditions on my visa, because most of my experience work wise is in those restricted occupations. I can't get through to the CIC call centre, or find anything helpful on their website. A few links, or telling me what forms to fill out and where to send them would be really helpful. I know this thread is a few years old, but any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

brightyellowjeans said:
Hi,

I'm looking to do exactly this, but I can't for the life of me work out what process I need to use to get the application sent off. I've been in Canada on the IEC since late April (from UK), and had a medical at the beginning of June. I want to change conditions on my visa, because most of my experience work wise is in those restricted occupations. I can't get through to the CIC call centre, or find anything helpful on their website. A few links, or telling me what forms to fill out and where to send them would be really helpful. I know this thread is a few years old, but any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks, but I've already looked at that page. I've filled out IMM5710, even though it doesn't seem right.

I know this thread is old, and the person who did this before me may have gone through a different process, but you can't submit an application without doing the 'personal checklist' thing, which sends me to the page where I submit my IEC information - which I already did when I first applied for this visa. You can't apply twice with the same POE letter - I tried and my application was refused, even though I uploaded proof of medical exam and a *very* clear letter of explanation about what I wanted to do, with my application. It's not asking me for IMM5710, it's asking for a bunch of other forms, all of which I've already submitted when I applied for this the first time around. I should be able to change the conditions on the visa, but I can't get it to ask me the right questions!

I can't get through to the CIC call centre number either.

EDIT: managed to get through to the CIC call centre. Apparently my medical results are not in the system yet, despite me having done it over a month ago now. You can't submit your application until your results are in, then, when you do submit it, you need to do it by post (not online) and the processing time currently is about 6-8 weeks. So that makes at least a 4 month process for me, which isn't very helpful if you have a job offer waiting. Just thought I'd share my info as I couldn't find an answer to this question. So my advice is to get the medical done as part of your IEC application if there's even a chance you want to work in those sets of occupations, otherwise you have to pay the same fee and wait about the same amount of time over again to get your conditions changed. I don't know how long it extends the IEC application by if you get the medical done during the application though. That's the original reason why I didn't do it.

Reactions: clarejones