+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing collage and program.

dope46

Apr 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

I do have a question in regards to applying to another college. I have a letter of approval for a two year program starting fall 2021 and I have now decided to study a different program which is a one year program in a different college, I am now wondering if I will have to apply for a new letter of approval or if I have to go along with the letter of approval I got already from the immigration and inform them of the changes?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
No am not in canada am in the UK
If you are in Canada, it is generally easier to switch programs. If you are abroad then you might have to send them an updated webform which in some cases will mean that they will cancel your current application and ask you to apply again.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
If you are in Canada, it is generally easier to switch programs. If you are abroad then you might have to send them an updated webform which in some cases will mean that they will cancel your current application and ask you to apply again.
Hey!

thanks for the clarification

Though, I am also in a similar situation, can you please tell us more on what you said “which in some cases will mean that they will ask to apply again” in some cases, as in?

Are they asking everybody (who is informing them via webform that they wish to change DLI) to apply again?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey!

thanks for the clarification

Though, I am also in a similar situation, can you please tell us more on what you said “which in some cases will mean that they will ask to apply again” in some cases, as in?

Are they asking everybody (who is informing them via webform that they wish to change DLI) to apply again?
It's not clear if its everybody but they have been some cases even in this very forum where their study permits/visas have been rescinded for changing program before coming to Canada.

D_D

Jun 8, 2020
It's not clear if its everybody but they have been some cases even in this very forum where their study permits/visas have been rescinded for changing program before coming to Canada.
Alright! Thank you :)