+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing address online

form_filler

May 4, 2013
Hello
I am trying to update my address online. At the bottom of the form is a check box next to the phrase "Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site." If I try and submit the form without checking this box I get an error. Is this correct? if I change my address I can't view my status online anymore? I'm confused

CEC_NLD

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
28-02-2014 Schedue A form
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront 07-03-2013
Better send an email to CIC about address change

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
form_filler said:
Hello
I am trying to update my address online. At the bottom of the form is a check box next to the phrase "Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site." If I try and submit the form without checking this box I get an error. Is this correct? if I change my address I can't view my status online anymore? I'm confused
I remember I had an issue with that too, actually very similar confusion but unfortunately don't remember how I got around it.

Apart from the technical issue though, if you update your address online it doesn't always mean your address gets updated in your file. In my case, I had updated my address for about 3 months before MR but still MR had the wrong address. Once I replied to MR email with the correct address I got notification that my address is now updated with what I stated in the email.

I suggest you send an email to update address too (or just call).