+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing a job after obtaining the PNP in Alberta

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
I have sumitted my application for the PNP through the AAIP AOS in Alberta and waiting for the processing result.

Does anyone know if the appplicant could change a job within Alberta after obtaining the PNP in Alberta?

Thanks!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I have sumitted my application for the PNP through the AAIP AOS in Alberta and waiting for the processing result.

Does anyone know if the applicant could change a job within Alberta after obtaining the PNP in Alberta?

Thanks!
Nothing is stopping you from changing jobs. However, if the current employer is supporting your nomination then you have to find another employer that can support your nomination and meet other requirements. This means you have to communicate all changes in employment to the PNP office.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
Nothing is stopping you from changing jobs. However, if the current employer is supporting your nomination then you have to find another employer that can support your nomination and meet other requirements. This means you have to communicate all changes in employment to the PNP office.
I am a PGWP holder and submmited my application for PNP through AAIP AOS. My emlployer did not support my application, except providing an emploment reference eltter.

I heard some people have the concern about being denied by the Federal, if the applicant submmits a PR application but changes a job after obtaining the PNP.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
You changing job is not the issue, this change must be approved by the provincial office and communicated back to IRCC. In most cases, when the employer changes, they re-issue the nomination certificate with the new employer name on it. So everything is consistent - IRCC and the provincial office would be on the same page. You can't just change job and the PNP office doesn't know. Then when you submit the federal application you have a new employer listed without explanation of provincial support. You run the risk of being denied.

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
You changing job is not the issue, this change must be approved by the provincial office and communicated back to IRCC. In most cases, when the employer changes, they re-issue the nomination certificate with the new employer name on it. So everything is consistent - IRCC and the provincial office would be on the same page. You can't just change job and the PNP office doesn't know. Then when you submit the federal application you have a new employer listed without explanation of provincial support. You run the risk of being denied.
You are correct. That's what I am concerned about.

I just want to change a job after obtaining the PNP (if I can) and submitting the PR application in Federal .