+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes will come and take effect this fall.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
GMoney said:
The government research basically found that Canadian Work Experience, Arranged Employment, and Canadian Study Experience were the three least important factors in an immigrants long term success. They were significantly less important than Age, Education Level, and Language Proficiency.
I don't know the research you are reffering to, but I absolutely disagree. As a former international student with 2 years of Canadian work experience, I can tell you, there is nothing more important than these two factors. When I came here, I was very confident (like most FSW applicants) but living here and imaginations are really different. I learned a lot about Canadian thinking and Canadians in school, and I also learned the Canadian way of the profession I studied. Working and surviving during school was not easy, but it taught me how to live and use my skills in this country. I learned a lot at my workplace as well. Just simply doing my job in a foreign language was not as easy as I imagined.

I'm not against FSW applicants, but most of them underestimate the efforts and values of inland applicants and it's not fair. We're also struggling in the system now, and most of us would need to go back home without an ITA, after losing everything during the years in our home countries. FSW applicants are still "just" waiting in safe positions, but for us, this is the biggest risk of our lives. So anybody who thinks the years we spent here are not that important is really mistaken. And answering in advance: "you knew you would have to go home..." Most people came here to stay, but those days EE didn't exist, and we had to find our ways. We chose the hard and costly way, because there was no other choice...

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
The Ministry is being saying this since one year. The CEC Inland will be given more points or preference, but it is not happening and its very difficult to happen.

By giving extra marks to CEC Inland it will straight away prove that Students will be given PR after WP. This means everyone would prefer going to Canada as students and will get PR easily. Student Visa is given in few days and it will be the cheapest deal for all in the express entry pool to just pay one year fees and go there. The PR is guaranteed then.

This is not easy to implement. The only thing which is possible at this stage is they Distribute the Express Entry into percentile. Say 70% FSW and 30 % CEC Inland. Maximum they can make is 50% FSW and 50 % CEC Inland of the total quota. They make different draws and everything will go smooth. This will be fair to both. They can increase the number of quota whenever thy want for any category. They can name them Express Entry FSW and Expresss Entry CEC and make as many draws they want for any category. They will have total control and it will be fair to everyone.

I dont see any special marks given to CEC in near future, but yes there will be definitely some positive things done for CEC Inland.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neorol said:
I don't know the research you are reffering to, but I absolutely disagree. As a former international student with 2 years of work Canadian work experience, I can tell you, there is nothing more important than these two factors. When I came here, I was very confident (like most FSW applicants) but living here and imaginations are really different. I learned a lot about Canadian thinking and Canadians in school, and I also learned the Canadian way of the profession I studied. Working and surviving during school was not easy, but it taught me how to live and use my skills in this country. I learned a lot at my workplace as well. Just simply doing my job in a foreign language was not as easy as I imagined.

I'm not against FSW applicants, but most of the time they underestimate the efforts and values of inland applicants and it's not fair. We're also struggling in the system now, and most of us would need to go back home without an ITA, after losing everything during the years in our home countries. FSW applicants are still "just" waiting in safe positions, but for us, this is the biggest risk of our lives. So anybody who thinks the years we spent here are not that important is really mistaken. And answering in advance: "you knew you would have to go home..." Most people came here to stay, but those days EE didn't exist, and we had to find our ways. We chose the hard and costly way, because there was no other choice...
Completly agree with you.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Will this need to be approved by parliament? This is a major immigration reform.

GMoney

Jul 14, 2016
neorol said:
I don't know the research you are reffering to, but I absolutely disagree. As a former international student with 2 years of Canadian work experience, I can tell you, there is nothing more important than these two factors. When I came here, I was very confident (like most FSW applicants) but living here and imaginations are really different. I learned a lot about Canadian thinking and Canadians in school, and I also learned the Canadian way of the profession I studied. Working and surviving during school was not easy, but it taught me how to live and use my skills in this country. I learned a lot at my workplace as well. Just simply doing my job in a foreign language was not as easy as I imagined.

I'm not against FSW applicants, but most of them underestimate the efforts and values of inland applicants and it's not fair. We're also struggling in the system now, and most of us would need to go back home without an ITA, after losing everything during the years in our home countries. FSW applicants are still "just" waiting in safe positions, but for us, this is the biggest risk of our lives. So anybody who thinks the years we spent here are not that important is really mistaken. And answering in advance: "you knew you would have to go home..." Most people came here to stay, but those days EE didn't exist, and we had to find our ways. We chose the hard and costly way, because there was no other choice...
The research I was referring to is the fourth link on the first post of this thread titled "Reliable information on Express Entry @ May 2016 and proposed changes to EE!!!!!" by JALT. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to post a link to the thread here.
(Please check out the last slide in the document to verify what I was saying)

I think you have some very fair points and I am sympathetic to the fairness argument you make. I am sure there are people who move to Canada without completely appreciating the difficulties of succeeding in a foreign country and culture. Yes it would suck for people to have to go back after having spent years in Canada, but that fact in itself does not make them more deserving than others.

All that being said, I would much rather trust scientific research rather than a few people's personal experience. Just because some people had a tough time acclimating to Canada when they first moved doesn't necessarily mean that every FSW candidate will as well.

There are many deserving candidates, both CEC and FSW, and I think it is hard to generalize someone's capacity for long term success based on where they got their degree from. I just wanted to point out that the research shows that the playing field is more even than many people seem to think.

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
It will be wrong to say years spent studying in Canada are not important. Although, few people have spoken against the values of Inland applicants to Canada Economy, it is wrong to say most FSW applicants have underestimated the values and efforts of Inland applicants. In fact, the reverse has been the case on this forum. So many inland applicants have ridiculed the work experiences and academic qualifications of Outland applicants. What you should note is that a lot of the applicants reside and have studied & worked in other developed countries but decided to migrate to Canada because of the stringent immigration rules in these countries.

The questions I have asked before is what makes people think only International Students can adjust to life in Canada? A lot of Outland applicants can adjust the same way International Students adjusted. I am almost certain that most of international students moved to Canada from developing countries. How were they able to adapt? As difficult as it is to get a job in Canada, I have had friends that relocated to Canada and got professional jobs within a month of Landing. On the short run, International Students might be better but on the long run, it will be difficult to specifically determine who will benefit Canada economy more.

With regard to your statement about spending a number of years in Canada and then told to go back home, I sincerely sympathise with people in such situations and don't wish anybody to be in that situation. However, this is not peculiar to only Canada. A friend of mine is being forced to leave the UK with his family after studying and working in the UK for over 6 years. At least in Canada, you still get Work Permit easily. Here in the UK, you will need to get a job first, your employer will have to prove that no UK and EU citizens (that's like more than 10 times the population of Canadian) qualify for the job before sponsoring your visa. You visa is tied to the job and if you are made redundant, you will be given 60 days to get a new sponsor or you will be forced to leave the UK. Even if it is remaining a day for you to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (equivalent to PR) in the UK, you will have to leave. To even qualify, you will have to have worked for at least 5 years, be employed with your sponsor and meet a salary threshold. These are people who have studied for their BSc. and MSc. degrees in the UK, have worked for years and paid their taxes in the UK.

Anyway, if there are going to be changes, what I think will be fair is to have a separate system for FSW and CEC. This will, to a great extent, allow Canada to have the best of both FSW and CEC.

neorol said:

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
As long as we get in Refuges at the current rate we will not see any changes whatsoever in the sad state of international students. International students were screwed from the very start, you can have maximum of 3 years work experience with post graduate work permit and even with max English score and a masters (If you have a BA you have no chance and lets not talk about college degrees) and still are far bellow the current threshold points. It's pretty much stay here on visitors visa or go home for int students after their work permits expire.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
The Ministry is being saying this since one year. The CEC Inland will be given more points or preference, but it is not happening and its very difficult to happen.

By giving extra marks to CEC Inland it will straight away prove that Students will be given PR after WP. This means everyone would prefer going to Canada as students and will get PR easily. Student Visa is given in few days and it will be the cheapest deal for all in the express entry pool to just pay one year fees and go there. The PR is guaranteed then.

This is not easy to implement. The only thing which is possible at this stage is they Distribute the Express Entry into percentile. Say 70% FSW and 30 % CEC Inland. Maximum they can make is 50% FSW and 50 % CEC Inland of the total quota. They make different draws and everything will go smooth. This will be fair to both. They can increase the number of quota whenever thy want for any category. They can name them Express Entry FSW and Expresss Entry CEC and make as many draws they want for any category. They will have total control and it will be fair to everyone.

I dont see any special marks given to CEC in near future, but yes there will be definitely some positive things done for CEC Inland.

It is the prerogative of the government and none of us can question.

Well, the CEC / FSW meet the criterion set by the policy and apply. Wait for the decisions. We simply can't debate.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:

This is not easy to implement. The only thing which is possible at this stage is they Distribute the Express Entry into percentile. Say 70% FSW and 30 % CEC Inland. Maximum they can make is 50% FSW and 50 % CEC Inland of the total quota.
Baseless argument. Without a proper and legit job offer belongs to NOC 0, A or B you cannot apply in CEC stream. What makes you think they should impose a 70% quota for FSW and 30% CEC?

The biggest advantages for CEC over FSW are the JOB and EDUCATION. Choosing a CEC applicant means you are choosing a Canadian educated who already have a working job and paying taxes like any native Canadians.

dupsy21 said:
The questions I have asked before is what makes people think only International Students can adjust to life in Canada? A lot of Outland applicants can adjust the same way International Students adjusted. I am almost certain that most of international students moved to Canada from developing countries. How were they able to adapt? As difficult as it is to get a job in Canada, I have had friends that relocated to Canada and got professional jobs within a month of Landing. On the short run, International Students might be better but on the long run, it will be difficult to specifically determine who will benefit Canada economy more.
Same as the argument above:

First, you need a Canadian job and paying Canadian taxes to apply as CEC, while you don't need those things as FSW. Yes, FSWs will legit skills and experience will surely find a good job within months after landing, but there are also many FSWs who cannot find any high-skilled jobs despite been here for several years.

Second, as Mr.McCallum has been said several times. Awarding more points for Canadian degrees is an incentive way to attract more international students to come to Canada, as International Education is a huge industry here which worths about $7.7 billion dollars. Of course, this doesn't mean every international student will be guaranteed to become a PR since you need to satisfy the first requirement to do that (JOB and TAXES).

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any International student on this thread, please follow page IISA and join group International students immigration Issue on facebook for more updates

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
dupsy21 said:
It will be wrong to say years spent studying in Canada are not important. Although, few people have spoken against the values of Inland applicants to Canada Economy, it is wrong to say most FSW applicants have underestimated the values and efforts of Inland applicants. In fact, the reverse has been the case on this forum. So many inland applicants have ridiculed the work experiences and academic qualifications of Outland applicants. What you should note is that a lot of the applicants reside and have studied & worked in other developed countries but decided to migrate to Canada because of the stringent immigration rules in these countries.

With regard to your statement about spending a number of years in Canada and then told to go back home, I sincerely sympathise with people in such situations and don't wish anybody to be in that situation. However, this is not peculiar to only Canada. A friend of mine is being forced to leave the UK with his family after studying and working in the UK for over 6 years. At least in Canada, you still get Work Permit easily. Here in the UK, you will need to get a job first, your employer will have to prove that no UK and EU citizens (that's like more than 10 times the population of Canadian) qualify for the job before sponsoring your visa. You visa is tied to the job and if you are made redundant, you will be given 60 days to get a new sponsor or you will be forced to leave the UK. Even if it is remaining a day for you to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (equivalent to PR) in the UK, you will have to leave. To even qualify, you will have to have worked for at least 5 years, be employed with your sponsor and meet a salary threshold. These are people who have studied for their BSc. and MSc. degrees in the UK, have worked for years and paid their taxes in the UK.

Anyway, if there are going to be changes, what I think will be fair is to have a separate system for FSW and CEC. This will, to a great extent, allow Canada to have the best of both FSW and CEC.
Probably both sides remember negative comments more than positive ones. We are in the same boat, and anybody who debates the value of foreign work experience is speaking against him/herself.

Regarding the work permits in Canada, don't think it's easy to get one. I think it's kind of the same like in the UK. You can't get a work permit without an LMIA, and if you quit your job, you go home... You have to get another LMIA for another job. And getting LMIA is almost impossible

The only "easy" work permits are Post Graduation work permit and Spousal Work Permit. However (as a lot of examples show) it's still not easy to collect the required experience for CEC, and if you don't get an ITA or LMIA, you go home.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
even though I want extra points for CEC and canadian educations but wont it create problems for outside canada candidates? again it will cause imbalance. I for one will not complain but still need separate systems dont we?