+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes will come and take effect this fall.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I just want to encourage all the international students who are losing hopes.
Change is coming.
I just attended a townhall occured in Brampton in the presence of local MPs and Minister John Mccallum himself.
It was an open question and answers session. There were plenty of people with their concerns regarding Immigration were present over there. Everyone was asking their questions, BUT when an internation student was asking questions about discussing their conerns, every single person present over their supported us and were clapping on each and every question we asked and Mr. Mccallum him self was surprised by all the support we got.
It was amazing experiance and felt really happy that people recognise our hardwork, they know from what we are going through, respect us and welcome us with open arms.

Now , the most important thing we are disscusing is what are the changes and when exactly those are going to take place.
So
1. there is will be more points fir canadian education.
2. there will more more points for canadian experiance.
3. there will be more points for people who have sibling here in Canada.
4. There is will be less points for LMIA ( from 600 to may be 200 )

So now the question is when this is going to happen?
They are going to announce these in this fall and will implement during the same fall period, which is maximum 3 more months.

We are hearing so many things from here and there but these are the things that Mr. Mccallum said him self and assured every student that they will not suffer anymore.

Lets be hopefull guys.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
**Please ignore typo mistakes, I am typing on phone while in the bus**

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
nehasoni said:
Hi Everyone,
I just want to encourage all the international students who are losing hopes.
Change is coming.
I just attended a townhall occured in Brampton in the presence of local MPs and Minister John Mccallum himself.
It was an open question and answers session. There were plenty of people with their concerns regarding Immigration were present over there. Everyone was asking their questions, BUT when an internation student was asking questions about discussing their conerns, every single person present over their supported us and were clapping on each and every question we asked and Mr. Mccallum him self was surprised by all the support we got.
It was amazing experiance and felt really happy that people recognise our hardwork, they know from what we are going through, respect us and welcome us with open arms.

Now , the most important thing we are disscusing is what are the changes and when exactly those are going to take place.
So
1. there is will be more points fir canadian education.
2. there will more more points for canadian experiance.
3. there will be more points for people who have sibling here in Canada.
4. There is will be less points for LMIA ( from 600 to may be 200 )

So now the question is when this is going to happen?
They are going to announce these in this fall and will implement during the same fall period, which is maximum 3 more months.

We are hearing so many things from here and there but these are the things that Mr. Mccallum said him self and assured every student that they will not suffer anymore.

Lets be hopefull guys.
Any discussion on removing LMIA requirement for certain categories?

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, manh questions were asked regarding LMIA requirements for Students. But they are not going to eliminate LMIA for now. But going to reduce points for LMIA so Having only LMIA will not gurantee u to the PR.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Nehasoni ! Thank you so much for the information ! my day just started atleast some thing positive to carry in mind and walk around. I have returned back home in june 2016 due to the PGWP expiry (both me n wife) going through a very frustrating phase. I really hope something happens soon enough to get back on life !

malican

May 24, 2016
nehasoni said:
**Sorry for typo mistakes, I am typing on phone while in the bus**
Hi thanks for this! Was any thing mentioned about OINP nominations and their withholding of nominations, backlog, FSW applicants etc? Thanks again.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please watch this video.
you will get all the answers of the questions we asked Mr. Mccallum

https://www.facebook.com/mann.simran/videos/1220932504605133/

malican

May 24, 2016
nehasoni said:
Please watch this video.
you will get all the answers of the questions we asked Mr. Mccallum

https://www.facebook.com/mann.simran/videos/1220932504605133/
Thanks will take a look.

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
Glad to hear about international students, just not sure what will happen to FSW applicants.

ams1135

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is not how many points. For most international students, getting 450s-460s is highly achievable. ( degree/ two or more credentials, CLB 9/10 and plus 1 or 2 years Canadian experience.
It's all depends on how many ITA they issue.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
volodyalysak said:
Glad to hear about international students, just not sure what will happen to FSW applicants.
I've heard nothing in all these changes about 'mature' international students either :(

They could either reduce, keep or widen the points gap for age in Express Entry depending on how much they want to concentrate just on younger applicants...

Nail biting here just as much as FSW applicants

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Good for inland candidates ... but bad news for FSW candidates in the sub 450 range. Things are just getting tougher by the minute !

GMoney

Jul 14, 2016
GauravYadav said:
Good for inland candidates ... but bad news for FSW candidates in the sub 450 range. Things are just getting tougher by the minute !
If changes similar to the ones proposed here take place, it will definitely push up the points of CEC candidates and make them more competitive. Even if the points for job offers goes down significantly, I assume many if not most with job offers will still make the cut. The end result will essentially make it much harder for FSW candidates to qualify than it is already.

I find this move seems interesting, because it appears contrary to the findings in the "Refocusing Express Entry" presentation which someone had shared in a different thread. The government research basically found that Canadian Work Experience, Arranged Employment, and Canadian Study Experience were the three least important factors in an immigrants long term success. They were significantly less important than Age, Education Level, and Language Proficiency.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
GMoney said:
[I find this move seems interesting, because it appears contrary to the findings in the "Refocusing Express Entry" presentation which someone had shared in a different thread. The government research basically found that Canadian Work Experience, Arranged Employment, and Canadian Study Experience were the three least important factors in an immigrants long term success. They were significantly less important than Age, Education Level, and Language Proficiency.

I read that the first generation of skilled workers that started work during the economic boom after the 2nd World War are all coming up to retiring age in the next few years - causing a shortfall in available workforce. Canada need short-term and long-term goals. Could be that they plan to get an influx of CEC candidates in now to fill all the shorter-term needs, and then move more towards long-term immigration goals when the panic has passed and move towards a better human capital profile.