+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes probably will be announced in less than a week

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#na1

Bad news for siblings..

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthik506 said:
Will CIC give additional points for CEC candidates without Canadian degree. For instance, I have 3 years of Canadian experience and have foreign Ph. D.
They are already giving points for higher studies. You get extra points for PhD. This is nothing new.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
sojugeorge_1 said:
cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#na1

Bad news for siblings..
And french speaking :mad:

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, i saw all the videos but there isn't any news on OINP or it opening soon, please can you point me in that direction.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Looks like we are screwed again!
Please see the news below I'm very http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
cba.org/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=14e53f42-575c-4d72-a305-f0755560f232

A study between canadian bar association and CIC on family reunification

Point 5 states about siblings .There might be another stream for siblings .

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrackIT said:
Looks like we are screwed again!
Please see the news below I'm very http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html
the points are so fair for students. rest of us will have to go pnp.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
10-15 bonus points are okay. But if the minimum bonus points will be like 100-150 for bachelors in canada then all 150,000 will become PR on the cost of all of them with foreign education and work exp. Thats why I said either seperate category for intl students or limited bonus points. Like if you have bachelors as a single applicant you get 120 points. Lets add 10 bonus if its in canada making it 130. That way should be fair.

Maximum 25 bonus points an applicant can get.

10 for canadian bachelors
15 for canadian masters (if bachelors is in foreign country)
20 for canadian PHD (if bachelors and masters are in foreign country)
20 for if both bachelors and masters had been done in canada.
25 for if all 3 bachelors masters and PHD had been done in canada.

25 points if you have a canadian sibling.
This speculation proves right, 25 for students was near: 30 max points awarded ;)

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
This speculation proves right, 25 for students was near: 30 max points awarded ;)
OOPNP was wrong again, as always. They speculate 8-20 additional points. Don't trust them fake consultants :p

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garyastudent said:
There are thousands of people who are ready to pay double the amount before you even thought about this scenario.....

Lets make it very clear, you are sitting back in your home country, why should anyone trust you, Just because you want to apply for the PR in Canada and have the money to spend, there are thousands of people like you in line, Canada don't give a SH*T about your money....seems like you have plenty of 500 & 1000 Rs notes lying in your house.....

Int'l students have worked very hard, studied here, lived in the harsh winters, and proved that they can survive here, there was this thread in the forum by a women, who had a lavish life back in India, still she came to canada, got a good job with pay of 80K..... but still she left as she started missing friends and family..... you might be one of them....who wants to pay whatever amount but once here you wont like it as you have plenty of money back in india...

Buddy life is not easy here "Grass always looks greener on the other side", you have to work more hours may be you will end up working in tim hortons or subway or some factories..... I have seen a doctor from India working in Tim Horton's selling coffee and doughnuts (Not saying to demean anyone) but what he was and what he is doing here in canada......

Think twice what you write and what others who are already here and working hard to achieve from last some years may feel....
what nonsense and demeaning language.... even if you had anything useful to ad, no one would read it...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garyastudent said:
@Fatani, I think you saw someone's STUDENT VISA and that's the only thing that you read in it, that is why you keep repeating that....

Are you applying for the PR?
Yes you are!

Then it is the Canadian Government's choice weather to give you the Permanent Residency or NOT or to keep changing the procedure to ensure that you DO NOT get selected under any stream,

Now weather to apply or not is your choice but to select you is the choice of the Canadian Government,

So please stop circulating these negative things and starting these threads every other day....

Who are you to question the system, who has not paid even a Penny towards the economy yet and you are questioning the authority of the Immigration system.....

No heart feelings, but i am pis*ed about the same thing over and over again....why more points for the Int'l Students, because they have studied here, Work here and have already proved that they are integrated in the system and will be the best choice for the Economy....
you are so funny :)

fatani is right though - student visa is given on the condition that you leave the country eventually.. its no ones birth right to demand PR... the only ones who have this birth right is the people who were born there... get it ? :)

regarding "No heart feelings, but i am pis*ed about the same thing over and over again....why more points for the Int'l Students, because they have studied here, Work here and have already proved that they are integrated in the system and will be the best choice for the Economy...."

dude - you need some serious english lessons... its hard feelings, whether is spelt weather... i mean cmon - you are making a terrible case for yourself...

BTW the NUMBER ONE reason why international students are being given extra points is not becoz "you are amazing, A-Z student, well integrated into harsh winter, drink coffee in Tim Hortons or whatever" its becoz they want the education industry to thrive and prosper... can you imagine how many students will flock to canada next year onwards.. it will easily increase the number of international students by 50%, maybe even more...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
OOPNP was wrong again, as always. They speculate 8-20 additional points. Don't trust them fake consultants :p
actually they were not totally off the boil... 30 points is max you can get, starting from 10 points... so its fairly accurate

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikolain said:
Hey, i saw all the videos but there isn't any news on OINP or it opening soon, please can you point me in that direction.
hi, i'm also waiting any news on OINP , hope they announce soon. Cheers ;D

Jcgo9355

Nov 10, 2014
I don't think he mentioned that there will be more draws in the clip, can you please tell me where you picked that up!

Saskatchewan_Regina said:
Copy and paste some useful information from that link:

Published on Nov 9, 2016
Meeting held on 09 November 2016 at Indian School of Business (ISB), Mohali, Chandigarh, India. Attended by John McCallum (Immigration minister, Canada), Laura Albanese (Immigration minister, Ontario), Lena Metlege Diab (Immigration minister, Nova Scotia).
Highlights of the meeting :
1. Canada wants more immigrants in coming months to grow their economy. And there will be rise in immigrants in future as well.
2. Canada will make it easier for International students (foreigners who study in Canada) to get PR by giving them extra points in Express entry, and reducing points from LMIA and PNP. This change coming very soon, in the matter of week(s).
3. Global talent strategy - faster processing times for High skilled immigrants in IT sector.
4. Reduction the processing time for family reunification (currently 2yrs). Change coming in few weeks.
5. Ontario PNP Entrepreneur and French speaking stream to open soon. OINP Express Entry stream to open in coming days. Working on reducing processing time.
6. Next draws will see more ITAs. 4-5 more draws till 2016 end. CIC intentionally doesn't disclose the date of draws in advance and it will remain like this.
7. Nova Scotia coming with program which will allow international students to take admissions in high schools (11th,12th standard) directly after 10th standard before taking admissions in colleges/ universities.
List of all videos:
1. https://youtu.be/JZPnFqST6rc
2. https://youtu.be/T9BAf1L8ock
3. https://youtu.be/XRXvk3FHUuU
4. https://youtu.be/Z_9BHFjFoHY