VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
Honestly, how come you did not meet the cut-off as under the present Express Entry system, Canadian work experience is worth much more plus your English test score, that should be so easy as you are English native :p
Possibly because I'm over 30, my spouse is on my application and I only have a bachelor's. I'm not currently their first choice of a 28yr old PhD student with 2 years Canadian experience and 3 years of fsw.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, I'm average, most of us are. So are new graduates. They have promise but that doesn't mean they are genuinely going to contribute to Canada. Applicants who apply having had experience have more promise than fresh faced students, whether they graduats in Canada or not.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Possibly because I'm over 30, my spouse is on my application and I only have a bachelor's. I'm not currently their first choice of a 28yr old PhD student with 2 years Canadian experience and 3 years of fsw.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, I'm average, most of us are. So are new graduates. They have promise but that doesn't mean they are genuinely going to contribute to Canada. Applicants who apply having had experience have more promise than fresh faced students, whether they graduats in Canada or not.
No need for PhD. If you are over 30, let's say 33, with Bachelor, one year Canadian work exp and one year foreign work exp, and CLB 10, you can easily score 460. But I bet you have more than one year work experience right?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Alexios07 said:
No need for PhD. If you are over 30, let's say 33, with Bachelor, one year Canadian work exp and one year foreign work exp, and CLB 10, you can easily score 460. But I bet you have more than one year work experience right?
I'm on 440, so your maths doesn't quite add up there.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
I'm on 440, so your maths doesn't quite add up there.
I used the Calculator from CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
I am ready to pay to government agencies what international students paid for the university degree of two years, along with average local expenses. Please give me the PR. I will not even ask for the degree.
There are thousands of people who are ready to pay double the amount before you even thought about this scenario.....

Lets make it very clear, you are sitting back in your home country, why should anyone trust you, Just because you want to apply for the PR in Canada and have the money to spend, there are thousands of people like you in line, Canada don't give a SH*T about your money....seems like you have plenty of 500 & 1000 Rs notes lying in your house.....

Int'l students have worked very hard, studied here, lived in the harsh winters, and proved that they can survive here, there was this thread in the forum by a women, who had a lavish life back in India, still she came to canada, got a good job with pay of 80K..... but still she left as she started missing friends and family..... you might be one of them....who wants to pay whatever amount but once here you wont like it as you have plenty of money back in india...

Buddy life is not easy here "Grass always looks greener on the other side", you have to work more hours may be you will end up working in tim hortons or subway or some factories..... I have seen a doctor from India working in Tim Horton's selling coffee and doughnuts (Not saying to demean anyone) but what he was and what he is doing here in canada......

Think twice what you write and what others who are already here and working hard to achieve from last some years may feel....

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Totally agreed! These intl students demand like that PR is their right just because they studied in Canada. When you get a student visa it is the condition of it that you should leave the country by the time your study end. And they demand for PR.
@Fatani, I think you saw someone's STUDENT VISA and that's the only thing that you read in it, that is why you keep repeating that....

Are you applying for the PR?
Yes you are!

Then it is the Canadian Government's choice weather to give you the Permanent Residency or NOT or to keep changing the procedure to ensure that you DO NOT get selected under any stream,

Now weather to apply or not is your choice but to select you is the choice of the Canadian Government,

So please stop circulating these negative things and starting these threads every other day....

Who are you to question the system, who has not paid even a Penny towards the economy yet and you are questioning the authority of the Immigration system.....

No heart feelings, but i am pis*ed about the same thing over and over again....why more points for the Int'l Students, because they have studied here, Work here and have already proved that they are integrated in the system and will be the best choice for the Economy....

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intetnational students have the right to have clear pathway to become residents once they graduate. Canada has been clear they will do whatever it takes to ensure that. Like it or not. We dont make the rules. Education is a bussines: yes. You are free to come and become a student if you want or not. i just hope the open a stream for students otherwise the rest of will be so f*%* up. :p :-\

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplynd2804 said:
AS per New changes posted student will get max 30 points. Which seems fair
Hi @simplynd2804 can you share the link please....

thegreatest

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks!

I have been reading a lot about FSW vs International Students on this forum. When it comes to comparing FSWs to International Students, evidently, you're comparing apples to oranges.

To those who are against additional points being given to International Students, those students have invested time and resources in obtaining their PR. I am not saying it's a right, but it's something MOST of them deserve regardless of what NOC level job they have/had. They all have paid taxes, CPP (which Govt. charges them knowing they can become PR someday and will ask for Pension once they're old), and they have somehow contributed in country's economy.

Most of these international students CHOSE CANADA to study here, to learn and adopt a new culture, and to improve their lifestyle by becoming independent and responsible, but FSWs just want to skip the line and get in. BREAKING NEWS: There is no Guest List! Wait in the line.

If YOU think, FSWs because of their so called foreign work experience (which doesn't really matter to most Canadian companies) should be given priority ... sorry to say this, but you my friend are better living where you are!

BC Govt. did the right thing by separating every category, which I hope will be applied to Federal criteria, someday.

As Minister McCallum said, "International Students are the most deserving candidates to become Canadian PR/Citizens", and I second that! If you (FSWs) do not agree with him, you'll never agree to most Canadian customs and laws, and definitely don't deserve it.

I apologize for my rant here, but it's enough. Cheer up and good luck!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
thegreatest said:
Folks!

I have been reading a lot about FSW vs International Students on this forum. When it comes to comparing FSWs to International Students, evidently, you're comparing apples to oranges.

To those who are against additional points being given to International Students, those students have invested time and resources in obtaining their PR. I am not saying it's a right, but it's something MOST of them deserve regardless of what NOC level job they have/had. They all have paid taxes, CPP (which Govt. charges them knowing they can become PR someday and will ask for Pension once they're old), and they have somehow contributed in country's economy.

Most of these international students CHOSE CANADA to study here, to learn and adopt a new culture, and to improve their lifestyle by becoming independent and responsible, but FSWs just want to skip the line and get in. BREAKING NEWS: There is no Guest List! Wait in the line.

If YOU think, FSWs because of their so called foreign work experience (which doesn't really matter to most Canadian companies) should be given priority ... sorry to say this, but you my friend are better living where you are!

BC Govt. did the right thing by separating every category, which I hope will be applied to Federal criteria, someday.

As Minister McCallum said, "International Students are the most deserving candidates to become Canadian PR/Citizens", and I second that! If you (FSWs) do not agree with him, you'll never agree to most Canadian customs and laws, and definitely don't deserve it.

I apologize for my rant here, but it's enough. Cheer up and good luck!
They just got given 30 points max. So it's the equivalent of a year of work experience. The Canadian government obviously sees them as the same.

thegreatest

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then I hope it clears the confusion between forum members because most of the posts have cold wars going on somewhere in them. At the end, we all have the same goals, so just fight for it and cheer for those who are getting it.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Will CIC give additional points for CEC candidates without Canadian degree. For instance, I have 3 years of Canadian experience and have foreign Ph. D.