Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Ouch. So much for submitting our package Oct 11th. That's a 4-6 week delay.
Keep in mind that I am just someone who is pretty well-versed in citizenship application rules. So maybe you want to double check with someone else if what I am saying is correct. Because as you point it it is a significant delay.

On the other hand, if I am right and you need the PCC you risk sending it off tomorrow but then getting a message in several months that your application was incomplete.

But again, a second opinion on this can't hurt.

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep in mind that I am just someone who is pretty well-versed in citizenship application rules. So maybe you want to double check with someone else if what I am saying is correct. Because as you point it it is a significant delay.

On the other hand, if I am right and you need the PCC you risk sending it off tomorrow but then getting a message in several months that your application was incomplete.

Original Police certificate, where cumulative stay is more than 183 days is MUST. Without that application would be returned at initial scrutiny as incomplete. So that would be waste of 2-4 weeks. Best is to apply with full REQUIRED DOCS.

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
one thing that always confuses me will be From and To, i wonder if it is okay to leave the "TO" as Current or the date that i did the application?
Just want to make sure.
I also want to know this.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi so for immigration documents does anyone have the 3.

Record of landing

confirmation of PR

PR card

I only have the last two. What does a record of landing look like?

I don't have record of landing and confirmation of PR. Is it a problem ? I just have the passport stamp

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fingerprints for the FBI are a bit tricky to have done correctly, so get a law enforcement officer to take them for you, but advocate for yourself and make sure to double-check with him/her that they've actually taken the time to read the FBI's requirements for fingerprints that are being submitted to them. The first set I sent in, which were taken for me by a serving US police officer, were rejected by the FBI as being of unacceptable quality, so I had to do them again (same officer, slightly embarrassed but thorough the second time around). I think that one can send one's police certificate(s) in to CIC/IRCC after one has sent in one's citizenship application, but I won't be doing that as CIC incompetently/stupidly misplaced my FBI document last time (PR application), and then rudely wrote to me demanding another within 30 days, or else. So I'm waiting for my FBI thing (IdHSC all-clear document) to come back before I send it in with all of my other stuff.
Did the 12 weeks process restarted ? this must be very very annoying.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I don't have record of landing and confirmation of PR. Is it a problem ? I just have the passport stamp

You shoukd have a confirmation of Pr given to you when you landed

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Did the 12 weeks process restarted ? this must be very very annoying.
This was for my PR back in 2013, and it was a couple of months to get it re-done by the FBI. I was hugely annoyed, but what can one do but bite one's tongue when you come upon incompetence. For CIC's then misplacing it (having actually signed for it on delivery), I had to phone them when they gave me 30 days to provide an FBI thing and literally implore the bureaucrat to go look for it in their mailroom/files/etc. When they did find it there was no apology or anything.

Reactions: punk

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
This was for my PR back in 2013, and it was a couple of months to get it re-done by the FBI. I was hugely annoyed, but what can one do but bite one's tongue when you come upon incompetence. For CIC's then misplacing it (having actually signed for it on delivery), I had to phone them when they gave me 30 days to provide an FBI thing and literally implore the bureaucrat to go look for it in their mailroom/files/etc. When they did find it there was no apology or anything.
On the other side, how would someone have provided FBI in 30 days when their normal processing time is 3mo. IRCC is nuts.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

I got my photographs done for the citizenship but the photographer wrote his shop name at the back with pen and put a stamp for the date the photo was taken. Do you think it would be ok given the requirements below? I asked the photographer if he had something better than this and he said this should work.

The requirements state the following:
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
i want to ask a question about absence reasons: for instance i left for my home country for one-month family visit. however, i transited my flights for both trips in US. Do i need to give those details even though the waitings took only couple hours in us airports. if yes, how? Please someone share some ideas. thanks!

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I think you're right but I'll check for a 2nd. I also misread the FBI site.... the processing time is currently 12-14 weeks. Oy.
That surely rained on my parade. So I won't be applying until next year. :(

poseidon87

Aug 18, 2017
i want to ask a question about absence reasons: for instance i left for my home country for one-month family visit. however, i transited my flights for both trips in US. Do i need to give those details even though the waitings took only couple hours in us airports. if yes, how? Please someone share some ideas. thanks!
Just mention the US connection, there is no reason not to. If they stamped your passport and you don't mention it, then it might delay the application. Remember - you are providing a photocopy of your passport and all pages.
In the physical presence calculator - there is a place to describe your absence - up to 400 characters.
Describe the connections there.

Last edited:

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012

Hey!

I traveled back home last year and was there for less than 2 months. After that I visited again this year for less than 2 weeks. I submitted a Police Clearance Certificate with my PR application. Since I got my PR in August 2015, I've traveled back home for 60 days, in total.

Do you think I need to submit another Police Certificate with my citizenship application? I'm still a permanent resident (not citizen) back home and travel every year to keep my status active.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey!

I traveled back home last year and was there for less than 2 months. After that I visited again this year for less than 2 weeks. I submitted a Police Clearance Certificate with my PR application. Since I got my PR in August 2015, I've traveled back home for 60 days, in total.

Do you think I need to submit another Police Certificate with my citizenship application? I'm still a permanent resident (not citizen) back home and travel every year to keep my status active.
What about the period 2013-2015? You have to count all days in the last four years.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
What about the period 2013-2015? You have to count all days in the last four years.
I've traveled back home a total of 148 days since landing here as a student in August 2012; 5 years and change.