+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Let's not argue that in this thread but just respectfully recognize each other's opinions :)
No, I did not mean to argue at all... So your opinion is that the application will get returned to the applicant based on the date they paid the fees, correct?

I just wanna see logic in it, not for the sake of arguing, but for the sake of people who read this forum and get scared of everything.

There is a lot of misinformation here, I would say MORE than correct info, and I am not pointing at you, don't get me wrong, you are actually one of the people who post useful stuff, however, being a legal professional, I don't see how the payment date could affect ANYTHING at all. All they need from that point of view is the correct amount, that's all. They will return your application if you pay even 1 cent less, but the date should be irrelevant...

In any event, since I have nothing better to do right now, I am on hold with IRCC to ask this question. :)

I will post their reply here...

Once again, no arguing, just expressing my opinion... + I paid already, better call them to be 1000000% sure...

Reactions: Nader.

arashfd

Oct 4, 2017
Unfortunately it is not what you hope or want that counts :) It's the rules that count. And it seems like you will need a police certificate.
since it is not easy and quick to get a police certificate, i have to wait till mid november till i have 182 days out of canada and apply then

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi,
A quick question to all respected members:
My wife came as a dependent when we got PR 3.5 years ago and hence she doesn't need to appear for IELTS at that time. I heard if an applicant has post-secondary education and above with Medium of Instructions as English, then such person is expempt from appearing in English Test. My wife is an MBA from India with Medium of Instructions in English since Post secondary education. Does she still needs to appear for IELTS/English Test?
Thanks.
If she finished the program, i.e. she received the degree of MBA, then that is enough. Note however, that she needs documentation to show that this was indeed an English-Language program.

Ontarian2017

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
My Dad applied a month ago for citizenship and he is 55 years old, do he will be asked for knowledge test?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

messironaldo

Dec 2, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hi all,
I have a question. For the Two (2) pieces of personal identification, can we provide documents that are already provided for other items? For example, a copy PR card and Passport bio page are already requested for other checklist items. Can PR card and Passport bio page also be the 2 IDs? If so, I am assuming we need to provide two copies of each then.

Thank you,

aska-phd

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Spyfy: Please look to my case again, someone here replied that I need a police certificate.

I landed in May 6, 2015 and haven't left Canada since then more than 183 days. I have been in Canada since Sep 2010. I left Canada once for more than 183 days, from July 2013 -to- Jan. 10, 2014. Am I eligible to apply on Oct. 11, 2017 and do I need a police certificate for this period of time? Please reply.

Yes, you need Police Certificate from that country

Thanks
S.B

akapoor3

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010 (I AOR)
AOR Received.
09-02-2011 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent along with Documents on 25-01-2011
File Transfer...
IP on 03-05-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2013
Passport Req..
Sent on 25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2013
LANDED..........
Calgary
If she finished the program, i.e. she received the degree of MBA, then that is enough. Note however, that she needs documentation to show that this was indeed an English-Language program.
Thanks for your prompt response Spyfy, really appreciate it:)
Her MBA and any education is from India. However, it is written on all degrees and marksheets that Medium of Instruction was English. Hope that'll suffice the purpose.

Thanks once again:)

Ontarian2017

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Yes he will be, becuase at the time when he signed his application the old rules were still in effect.
Thank you for your response. I have different opinion because this is not related with physical presence days. I think he will not be asked for written test

raaz23

Apr 29, 2012
Hello everyone congratulations
can someone please summarize the documents required to be attached with forms?
any forms that can be filled before 11oct?

Reactions: Ontarian2017