Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello All,

Hope you can help with my situation mentioned below:

PPR Recieved(as single applicant)- November 10th 2017
Last date of Passport Submission- December 9th 2017
Wedding Date- December 1st 2017

Question:

1. Inform CIC now about the Wedding which is in future ?
2. Wait until Wedding date & inform CIC the same day / next day

I read on the forum where CIC has not responded to the emails for about 10 days , i don't want to loose my chance because of this (if i inform them on 1st Dec , there is no response till 9th) then my PPR would be cancelled

Can i opt for upfront Medicals / PCC for my spouse (going to be) to save time (PCC takes about 25-30 days in India) or need to wait for CIC to instruct ?

Need to add my spouse the application. Kindly advise what’s the best action plan

Last edited:
Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hello All,

Hope you can help with my situation mentioned below:

PPR Recieved(as single applicant)- November 10th 2017
Last date of Passport Submission- December 9th 2017
Wedding Date- December 1st 2017

Question:

1. Inform CIC now about the Wedding which is in future ?
2. Wait until Wedding date & inform CIC the same day / next day

I read on the forum where CIC has not responded to the emails for about 10 days , i don't want to loose my chance because of this (if i inform them on 1st Dec , there is no response till 9th) then my PPR would be cancelled

Can i opt for upfront Medicals / PCC for my spouse (going to be) to save time (PCC takes about 25-30 days in India) or need to wait for CIC to instruct ?

Need to add my spouse the application. Kindly advise what’s the best action plan
1. No, CIC does not want to know about your wedding. It's too far, they can't attend your wedding!
2. Yes. Wait until you have the marriage registration papers in hand. Notify them by providing the document.
3. No, do not try to get the medicals done yet. Do it only once CIC asks for it. Your application might take longer and if the medicals expire in between, it will cause further delays. Same with the PCC. These documents expire pretty quickly!
4. Contact CIC to add your spouse (once you are married and have the document only) at first. They will ask for few documents and once you can produce those, you can expect to get the PR soon.

#1, CIC wants to know about events that have 'legal' documents to back them up. An upcoming wedding is not one of those.
Please do not take it in the wrong way!

Good luck!

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
1. No, CIC does not want to know about your wedding. It's too far, they can't attend your wedding!
2. Yes. Wait until you have the marriage registration papers in hand. Notify them by providing the document.
3. No, do not try to get the medicals done yet. Do it only once CIC asks for it. Your application might take longer and if the medicals expire in between, it will cause further delays. Same with the PCC. These documents expire pretty quickly!
4. Contact CIC to add your spouse (once you are married and have the document only) at first. They will ask for few documents and once you can produce those, you can expect to get the PR soon.

#1, CIC wants to know about events that have 'legal' documents to back them up. An upcoming wedding is not one of those.
Please do not take it in the wrong way!

Good luck!
Thanks