+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changement of career for a new job who is '' compatible with remote work '': Suggestions, tips, advices?

kukunabatongo

Sep 25, 2022
Hello everyone,

In opening, I would like to share with you the following reflection: Having professional ambition is a good thing, and a sign of maturity.

Briefly, my experience has mainly been around the health sector, in hospitals in Quebec, for one of the principle ''CIUSSS'' (regional health management) of Montreal.

I basically worked as a ''préposé au bénéficiaire'' at the beginning (''Orderly'' in English, I believe), before moving into administration in hospitals... Of course, it's a job with a human aspect, helping elderly people... But what few people know is that this work is not rewarding at all, it even happens that we are insulted by users, and we must despite everything keep smile and stay professional. The salary is very average. Not many prospects for development (Salaries are set by the provincial government, there is an increase of a few tens of centimes per year, nothing more).

Until I obtained my citizenship, I put up with this situation, because I wanted to avoid problems or annoyances. Now my view of things has changed.

In short, I want to completely change my career and leave this ungrateful and thankless environment, and I would like to have your opinions and suggestions on what I can consider as new prospects. I'm looking for studies that lead to a job where remote work is something very common... Please don't be selfish, and share with us the best leads... I'm fed up with this situation '' stereotypical '', where all people from my origins work in the health sector, some other origin in taxis, another in the childcare sector, etc. I want to break this stereotype and not give in to fatalism...

I have noticed in the topics here several times people from India who all seem to follow a ''random'' study path in the IT sector, before, for the most part, looking to go s to settle in the USA... It's not my goal, I have my life and my family here (also, I'm mostly French-speaking, one of the reasons why I stay in Quebec)... Anyway or, often in the topics here, people from India talk about their study permit, work permit, permanent residence, then citizenship... Without ever giving details or lifting the veil on the nature or denomination of their studies... What training is it? Is this a good way for me to change careers?

Do you have any interesting training proposals with good job opportunities?

Thanks again in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

In opening, I would like to share with you the following reflection: Having professional ambition is a good thing, and a sign of maturity.

Briefly, my experience has mainly been around the health sector, in hospitals in Quebec, for one of the principle ''CIUSSS'' (regional health management) of Montreal.

I basically worked as a ''préposé au bénéficiaire'' at the beginning (''Orderly'' in English, I believe), before moving into administration in hospitals... Of course, it's a job with a human aspect, helping elderly people... But what few people know is that this work is not rewarding at all, it even happens that we are insulted by users, and we must despite everything keep smile and stay professional. The salary is very average. Not many prospects for development (Salaries are set by the provincial government, there is an increase of a few tens of centimes per year, nothing more).

Until I obtained my citizenship, I put up with this situation, because I wanted to avoid problems or annoyances. Now my view of things has changed.

In short, I want to completely change my career and leave this ungrateful and thankless environment, and I would like to have your opinions and suggestions on what I can consider as new prospects. I'm looking for studies that lead to a job where remote work is something very common... Please don't be selfish, and share with us the best leads... I'm fed up with this situation '' stereotypical '', where all people from my origins work in the health sector, some other origin in taxis, another in the childcare sector, etc. I want to break this stereotype and not give in to fatalism...

I have noticed in the topics here several times people from India who all seem to follow a ''random'' study path in the IT sector, before, for the most part, looking to go s to settle in the USA... It's not my goal, I have my life and my family here (also, I'm mostly French-speaking, one of the reasons why I stay in Quebec)... Anyway or, often in the topics here, people from India talk about their study permit, work permit, permanent residence, then citizenship... Without ever giving details or lifting the veil on the nature or denomination of their studies... What training is it? Is this a good way for me to change careers?

Do you have any interesting training proposals with good job opportunities?

Thanks again in advance!
IT sector is probably your best option. It is compatible with a lot of remote work. You can work as a software developer from anywhere.

Reactions: kukunabatongo

gisselletdean

Mar 6, 2023
Leaving the healthcare sector can be challenging, but there are plenty of options out there. Considering your interest in breaking stereotypes and seeking new prospects, you might want to look into the field of cybersecurity and IT. It's a dynamic sector with high demand for remote work positions. Many professionals in this field work from home, and it offers room for career growth. Additionally, if you're exploring new career paths, you might find it interesting to look at the legal side of locksmithing. Starting your own locksmith business can provide remote work opportunities and potentially a rewarding career.

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Leaving the healthcare sector can be challenging, but there are plenty of options out there. Considering your interest in breaking stereotypes and seeking new prospects, you might want to look into the field of cybersecurity and IT. It's a dynamic sector with high demand for remote work positions. Many professionals in this field work from home, and it offers room for career growth. Additionally, if you're exploring new career paths, you might find it interesting to look at the legal side of locksmithing. Starting your own locksmith business can provide remote work opportunities and potentially a rewarding career.
I got this