+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changed job after submitting all docs for PR

grandmaster

Mar 8, 2011
Hi

I applied under the FSW program and submitted all docs on Aug 2010. Thereafter, my status is set to Received_By_Visa_Office. And thats the New Delhi office.

Now that I have submitted all the documents, I recently changed my job, i.e. I quit my previous employer on 30th Jan 2011 and joined another company on 1st Feb 2011.

Do I need to update the Canada Visa office here in New Delhi? I want to confirm this because as to what I understand from their official website, we only need to update them in case our address changes. There is no specific mention about updating them, in case there is a change in the employer.

Please correct me if my understanding is correct here.

Thanks
grandmaster

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
You need to update them on any change on your status. Employment is a change on your status. I will try to find you the reference.

Get a reference letter from your new employer and prepare an explanation letter and mail it to your VO.

Good luck

grandmaster

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks mezo for the lightening fast reply.

I will courier them my updated status tomorrow itself.

Cheers,
grandmaster.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Hi grandmaster,

You have to update the VO regarding any change in employment.Send notarized copies of new job offer letter and relieving letter from previous employer,also enclose a letter stating the change.

Below is the link for ur reference.Read point(2) under Factors that facilitate processing
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG77.asp

make sure that you notify the Canadian Visa Office promptly of any and all changes to your mailing address, family composition, or any other information that is important to your application, such as additional education or work experience

hope this helps

Regards
pearl2010

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Grandmaster,

Check you AOR 1 email. It should read something similar to the following which I'm copying from my AOR1:

"When submitting your complete application to the visa office, you must advise them of any changes in your application (e.g. birth of a child, marriage, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are. "

Cheers