+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change status from visitor to worker inside Canada

hlb4jam

Mar 20, 2015
Hello All,

Does anyone have experience in changing their status within Canada from a visitor to worker?

1. What forms do you fill out?
2. What challenges did you face?
3. Is it better to search for jobs from your home country than trying to find one inside Canada
4. How did you search (online, local ads, walk in to HR?)

Anyone with similar experience I would appreciate your response. I am trying to find out for a friend who already has her visitor visa. But she is feeling adventurous I guess. I advised her that it is not possible or at the very least it will be next to impossible because all employers look for persons who already have legal status (LMIA supported work permit or PR). But she says that people have done it. If so, how?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
hlb4jam said:
Hello All,

Does anyone have experience in changing their status within Canada from a visitor to worker?

1. What forms do you fill out?
2. What challenges did you face?
3. Is it better to search for jobs from your home country than trying to find one inside Canada
4. How did you search (online, local ads, walk in to HR?)

Anyone with similar experience I would appreciate your response. I am trying to find out for a friend who already has her visitor visa. But she is feeling adventurous I guess. I advised her that it is not possible or at the very least it will be next to impossible because all employers look for persons who already have legal status (LMIA supported work permit or PR). But she says that people have done it. If so, how?
Please post this in its corresponding subforum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitors-b8.0/

(Regardless you should use the tool http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp to determine your eligibility, if any).