+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caththisking said:
BTW, I'm still awaiting my new letter for London,UK visa office.
Can't you just submit your passport and a print out of your PPR and a copy of your sent email to the London VO. Surely they won't return your passport without the visa knowing that you've already been approved. That's what I would have done if I were you.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
ullu_ka_pattha said:
Do you want to write to London VO also, it does work.
I would love to but couldn't find their email id. Can anyone please provide if aent earlier or have one?

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caththisking said:
I would love to but couldn't find their email id. Can anyone please provide if aent earlier or have one?
They don't have email listed on the CIC page, why don't you raise a CSE on london VO from this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
ullu_ka_pattha said:
They don't have email listed on the CIC page, why don't you raise a CSE on london VO from this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
Thank you. I got this url and thought of sending but wanted to give sometime.
Looks like its high time to send. I have sent the request using CSE just now and lets see how fast they respond.

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
For me, I also waited for the letter from my local VO (germany). But the information they provide were identical to the ones on the website.

For UK I think its this:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UnitedKingdom/

In the contact us page there, they have email and contact telephone number.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
patreya said:
For me, I also waited for the letter from my local VO (germany). But the information they provide were identical to the ones on the website.

For UK I think its this:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UnitedKingdom/

In the contact us page there, they have email and contact telephone number.
This is VFS. They are just limited to safely and secure passport transmission service one we have VO letter asking us to send to respective Visa Office.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Anya654 said:
Can't you just submit your passport and a print out of your PPR and a copy of your sent email to the London VO. Surely they won't return your passport without the visa knowing that you've already been approved. That's what I would have done if I were you.
No we cannot do that. I have discussed with VFS and they say we will not carry passport unless the VO is mentioned in the letter/email.
I am more confident now and waiting for the VO letter as my dependent got her passport back with VISA stamp and COPR. :) :)

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Yes you do need the letter. For me the wait was about 12 days. I send you that link, because the information on the new letter that you get will be similar to what is written on VFS. So you can get yourself prepared in advance.

Do not worry, your letter will come soon. This is now just a formality. :)

You can focus on job search which is more of a headache :p

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
patreya said:
Yes you do need the letter. For me the wait was about 12 days. I send you that link, because the information on the new letter that you get will be similar to what is written on VFS. So you can get yourself prepared in advance.

Do not worry, your letter will come soon. This is now just a formality. :)

You can focus on job search which is more of a headache :p
Thank you for your sweet words!!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caththisking said:
No we cannot do that. I have discussed with VFS and they say we will not carry passport unless the VO is mentioned in the letter/email.
I am more confident now and waiting for the VO letter as my dependent got her passport back with VISA stamp and COPR. :) :)
Oh, I think the London VO is the one that's very slow. Keep bombarding them with emails and hope you get a response from them soon.

shirebikes

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
Hi, it took about 5 days after notifying Ottawa (inc weekend and public holiday) for me to get the response from London VO to send passport details to them, and then 12 days including weekends to get copr back from them. hth
ed

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got Passports with stamped Visa and COPR.

I had first applied under FSW 2014 in Nov 2014 and had my app returned 4 months later citing capping on NOC 1123. That was then and this is now. A lot has changed.

Thanks to everyone here, this was such a nice support group. Will now move the 'Settlement issues' section of the forum. May God bless you all with a life of your dreams!

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Anya654 said:
Oh, I think the London VO is the one that's very slow. Keep bombarding them with emails and hope you get a response from them soon.
Do i need to send to London VO?? I sent them an email and they replied saying that your application is not being processed in our office. please contact respective office.
i am still awaiting VO change and its been almost 22 days now. I also called CIC agent and they asked me to send email to New Delhi office asking them to make arrangements (as i received letter from them asking to submit PPs there (but again that is for my spouse)). I am confused now and already bombarded with emails to London,New Delhi and Ottawa offices along with CSE too :) :D :D

Anyone received 2 letters from 2 Visa offices?? Can anyone confirm please ? Now i start to worry.

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
This is probably a mistake by someone at CIC. Perhaps the request you made to change to Delhi office for your spouse, they put you in the same office without thinking?

When you got a letter for Delhi did it include your spouse name or both of yours or not specified?

I think its best to wait for someone from their side to sort this out. Sucks that for a simple task as this, they made a mistake. But don't worry, they will fix it soon.

In worst case scenario you would have to fly home and send your passport to Delhi. Going home to see your spouse is not a bad option, is it ?