+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
patreya said:
This is probably a mistake by someone at CIC. Perhaps the request you made to change to Delhi office for your spouse, they put you in the same office without thinking?

When you got a letter for Delhi did it include your spouse name or both of yours or not specified?

I think its best to wait for someone from their side to sort this out. Sucks that for a simple task as this, they made a mistake. But don't worry, they will fix it soon.

In worst case scenario you would have to fly home and send your passport to Delhi. Going home to see your spouse is not a bad option, is it ?
Looks like silly mistake from someone in CIC but asked new Delhi to do the needful. I can go to India but the issue is they are coming to UK in couple of weeks so there is no point in going back there.
I also asked DHL UK if they carry passport to India and they said they do. I will wait for a week or so and will use their service to send my PP to India and will ask to process and will get it back when my spouse is coming.
New Delhi letter has date of Sept. 26 timeline (as i got that letter date 26/8).
Hopefully someone will reply soon as i dont want to get letter once i send my PP to India :) :D (it happens sometime right :D)

flangepoint

Jun 1, 2014
caththisking said:
Any information???
I got one letter in MyCIC for my spouse and sent her passport today. I'm expecting my letter from UK VO (today is national holiday here)and its pending. Is my understanding above correct or it comes from Ottawa itself?
hey caththisking,

I'm from India, I got the email on 31/08/15 with the title " Ready for Visa" which said that I must complete a few last steps so that CIC can issue be the confirmation of Permanent Residence. ;D 8)
As I fall outside Canada & US, I contacted CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on 01/09/15 so that they can make arrangements to issue documents at local visa office. :)

I got an automated reply saying "due to high volume of emails they will reply on after 20 working days. :eek: :'(

I'm worried because the email I received had given me a deadline to respond within 30 days. Today is 11/09 !!! ??? :mad:

How come you guys got the notification in MyCIC about VO change because I have not received any such notification apart from the email. :( :(

Am I doing something wrong or am I not doing something I'm supposed to do ? I've mentioned all details like the Application no, UCI no, Date of birth in the email body for the email I sent to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca Even the subject line contains the Application no. :-\ :-[

Guys please need your help as I think I'm going to lose my application and the 8 months time after having come this close to obtaining the visa. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please help !!!!!! ??? ???

Thank you :) :)

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
flangepoint said:
hey caththisking,

I'm from India, I got the email on 31/08/15 with the title " Ready for Visa" which said that I must complete a few last steps so that CIC can issue be the confirmation of Permanent Residence. ;D 8)
As I fall outside Canada & US, I contacted CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca on 01/09/15 so that they can make arrangements to issue documents at local visa office. :)

I got an automated reply saying "due to high volume of emails they will reply on after 20 working days. :eek: :'(

I'm worried because the email I received had given me a deadline to respond within 30 days. Today is 11/09 !!! ??? :mad:

How come you guys got the notification in MyCIC about VO change because I have not received any such notification apart from the email. :( :(

Am I doing something wrong or am I not doing something I'm supposed to do ? I've mentioned all details like the Application no, UCI no, Date of birth in the email body for the email I sent to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca Even the subject line contains the Application no. :-\ :-[

Guys please need your help as I think I'm going to lose my application and the 8 months time after having come this close to obtaining the visa. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please help !!!!!! ??? ???

Thank you :) :)
CIC will take upto 10 working days to reply. yes they will add the request letter to your MyCIC and notify you that there is new message.
What you did is absolutely correct. You need to wait for email which asks you to submit to NDVO for stamping.

BTW, Today i received the most awaited VO office change letter after multiple bombarded things to NDVO,London VO.
The thing which worked best for me is that i sent CSE to New Delhi office with their letter itself asking for London VO and i cannot submit to NDVO. they responded in 2 days.
You can forward your email sent to CIC Ottawa to delhi.immigration@international.gc.ca or send a CSE.

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
I've submitted my request to change visa office since last Monday September 14 and still no reply :'( Wonder how much longer will I have to wait

aisheal

Nov 11, 2014
any positive response from applicant from Philippines? how long u waited for the email to change visa ofc in Manila.>?

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Hello,

Congratulations to all who got their PR.

I have DM on my ecas n whn i called cic thy told my file is "Aprroved" but i dint the passport reuquest yet????

I am married n my spouse is back home..my question is if i get the passport request should i do landing first before my spouse VO is changed? Or should for my spouse VO to be changed?

Anybody have an idea?

aisheal

Nov 11, 2014
still waiting for another email from ottawa to change VO. hope ill get it soon. waiting for a week now.

pk7

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
In same situation...just need to send email to CPC Ottawa or need to do something else too ???

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Dear Seniors,,,I need yr help,,,pretty soon I need to submit VO change request from Ottawa to Local VO,,,,Can someone guide me about outline of the letter and what to include? Thanks a lot.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Hello everybody,

I have read most of your experiences changing to local visa offices in this thread and I was wondering if any of you has Mexico as their LVO? According to CIC website my LVO would be there.
I received PPR on Sept 25th and requested the change but haven't heard anything back. Are there any other ways to get CIC to answer "quickly"? I am traveling out of the country with work for ten days this Friday and was hoping to get all the documents ready to submit right after I come back as I will only have 6 days left until the 30 days deadline is up by then.

Thank you!!

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
Can anyone please advise me what's the process to get passport sent to local VO instead of ottawa?

Also, I was outland when I applied in Aug because my permit and visa expired in June, but shortly after I was able to re-enter Canada as a visa, so now I'm inland. Would it be okay to send passport to Ottawa since I am now inland or would I have to return to my homeland to send it to the VO there since that was the address I used at the time of application?

Oct 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:
Hello everybody,

I have read most of your experiences changing to local visa offices in this thread and I was wondering if any of you has Mexico as their LVO? According to CIC website my LVO would be there.
I received PPR on Sept 25th and requested the change but haven't heard anything back. Are there any other ways to get CIC to answer "quickly"? I am traveling out of the country with work for ten days this Friday and was hoping to get all the documents ready to submit right after I come back as I will only have 6 days left until the 30 days deadline is up by then.

Thank you!!
Try to fax them buddy and follow up. But in our case they replied after a few days. I sent an email to cpc-ctd-ottawa on Oct 1 to change local visa office of my spouse and child coz they are in the philippines. And on Oct 5 they sent another ppr letter in my cic account for my dependents. Good luck. Hope u will get it asap. ;)

Oct 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aisheal said:
any positive response from applicant from Philippines? how long u waited for the email to change visa ofc in Manila.>?

In my case it took only 5 days brod. Change visa ofc for my dependents. Email sent Oct 1, they replied Oct 5.
They submitted their passports yesterday Oct 7 in vfs makati.