+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Visa Office after PPR - Help!!!! Advice Needed

pierresk

Jul 28, 2017
I recently received PPR (24th July). At the time i submitted my application and received my AOR i was in Canada with my dependents (EE Inland). However i had to return to my home country for some family function and won't be back till after the 30 days deadline. I have written to Ottawa from where the PPR email came to change my VO (for the PA only), but i haven't heard from them. I also wrote to the LVO of my home country about my situation also no response. Should i bite the bullet and send my travel docs to my LVO or wait for the mail from Ottawa indicating the change? I've read from the other threads about the late response of Ottawa with this scenarios.
I am a bit agitated.. Anyone with this experience? I am the PA

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
I am in the same boat. I applied when I was in canada and now I am in my home country. I too had written mail to ottawa to change my visa office. I even called up CIC, the only thing they said me is too wait for the reply and do not worry about 30 days deadline as we have concerns and have already raised to them. So only thing can be done is wait for their reply and keep on following with them via email and call. There are many like us , so don't worry.

pierresk

Jul 28, 2017
I am in the same boat. I applied when I was in canada and now I am in my home country. I too had written mail to ottawa to change my visa office. I even called up CIC, the only thing they said me is too wait for the reply and do not worry about 30 days deadline as we have concerns and have already raised to them. So only thing can be done is wait for their reply and keep on following with them via email and call. There are many like us , so don't worry.
Thanks

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
If you're sending e-mails, ensure they are marked Urgent in the subject line to maximise chances of a speedy response. The out-of-office response from the contact e-mail in your PPR should explain the response times for urgent/non-urgent e-mails, but staff will be inundated with messages to review.

It probably sounds obvious but is easily forgotten.

pierresk

Jul 28, 2017
If you're sending e-mails, ensure they are marked Urgent in the subject line to maximise chances of a speedy response. The out-of-office response from the contact e-mail in your PPR should explain the response times for urgent/non-urgent e-mails, but staff will be inundated with messages to review.

It probably sounds obvious but is easily forgotten.
Thanks i will go ahead and do that

sonnet19sept

May 31, 2017
Hi All,

I have the same problem I am in Canada and I received the request to submit passport to Ottawa office on 24th July 2017 and I am due to travel to India on August 5th 2017 and I emailed CPC Ottawa requesting to submit my passport in India and I haven't received the new request letter yet.

Since you people were in the same situation, Can you please let me know the outcome like when did you receive the new request and something I should be careful about. at your earliest convenience. If there could be a problem I may consider canceling my ticket and sending here.

Thanks,