+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of status on visa?

jellyfish

Jan 20, 2010
Hey guys!

My working holiday program visa will be expiring on July 5th and I wish to stay in Canada a few more months (up to 3 max) to travel and sight-see before I leave to go back home. I was wondering if you can change the status of the visa, since I can't extend this one, to a visitor visa. I'm from a visa-exempt country, so I believe I can stay in Canada for the 3 months as a visitor without running into problems?

I'll be staying with a friend during this time and I'll be purchasing a one-way ticket back home beforehand as proof of returning if it helps any!

I've seen (cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp) where you can apply online within 30 days of visa expiration - just want to confirm if this is correct way to go so I don't muck up my chances for returning to Canada in the future because I didn't leave when my visa expired! :)

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jellyfish said:
Hey guys!

My working holiday program visa will be expiring on July 5th and I wish to stay in Canada a few more months (up to 3 max) to travel and sight-see before I leave to go back home. I was wondering if you can change the status of the visa, since I can't extend this one, to a visitor visa. I'm from a visa-exempt country, so I believe I can stay in Canada for the 3 months as a visitor without running into problems?

I'll be staying with a friend during this time and I'll be purchasing a one-way ticket back home beforehand as proof of returning if it helps any!

I've seen (cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp) where you can apply online within 30 days of visa expiration - just want to confirm if this is correct way to go so I don't muck up my chances for returning to Canada in the future because I didn't leave when my visa expired! :)

Thanks!
Yes, that is the way you go about it.