+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of province

Robert1

Jun 19, 2018
I decleared at Montreal this June,i was given brown paper.registered with PRAIDA and applied for work permit. Now due to some reasons like my family and the French as major language here.i got hearing for March 2019. Now I intend changing my province where I can get a faster hearing date as my family are in my home country.which province can anyone suggest? Also if I should submit my claimant form along with change of province form within two weeks a d I move to the new province,will I be admitted into the shelter in the new province before I go get accommodation? Thank you.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I decleared at Montreal this June,i was given brown paper.registered with PRAIDA and applied for work permit. Now due to some reasons like my family and the French as major language here.i got hearing for March 2019. Now I intend changing my province where I can get a faster hearing date as my family are in my home country.which province can anyone suggest? Also if I should submit my claimant form along with change of province form within two weeks a d I move to the new province,will I be admitted into the shelter in the new province before I go get accommodation? Thank you.
Like no province at all. Because of the big amount of the refuge claimant everybody is redistributed on the federal level. That means, that changing the province will not get you any faster hearing. Waiting up to 2 years just to be approved as a refugee and then another 2 years for PR is normal.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. Changing provinces may improve the timeline incrementally, but IRCC is pulling resources from those provinces to deal with the crisis in other provinces. As it’s a federal program, chances of getting an earlier hear are low if you move. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t move if you are having language issues and trouble finding work, but you should continue to expect about 18 months for a hearing and 2 years for a PR.

Robert1

Jun 19, 2018
Like no province at all. Because of the big amount of the refuge claimant everybody is redistributed on the federal level. That means, that changing the province will not get you any faster hearing. Waiting up to 2 years just to be approved as a refugee and then another 2 years for PR is normal.
Since my family are in my home country and looking at the time.how can they come in before

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, it is unlikely they will be able to travel to Canada until your status is determined.

What is your country of origin?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So when my hearing is positive as expected,they they can be invited?
No then they can be included in your PR application. It will be quite some until your family will be able to join you. Given the extraordinary number of refugee claimants in the past 2 years the wait time for asylum and PR for protected people has become much longer.

tadyt

Apr 24, 2015
Good day everyone I think the best is to move to another province for those who cannot speak French.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If my family by any means come here,will thier application affect my hearing?
No if they came to Canada and claimed asylum it would not affect you asylum application. Given the large number of Nigerian citizens who have received US visas under false pretences and then crossed the Canadian border at an illegal crossing has resulted in many visas being cancelled and a more stringent visa process in Nigeria. Your family may find that their visa has been cancelled and no longer works especially given you claimed asylum.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Refugee on the brown paper same as assylum process?
Basically the same thing. You are a refugee outside your own country. You become an asylum seeker when you are waiting to be accepted by a safe country while in the country. You are a protected person when you get a positive hearing. People use these names in an interchangeable fashion.