+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of profession

ammar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I have a very simple question i got my ITA with 492 points but the problem now is one of my employers gave me the reference letter with sales engineer instead of product engineer that i have mentioned in my application . Is there a way that i can change it as they both lie in the same category? or do i have to decline the application and start from the beginning?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
If I have understood this correctly, you mentioned product engineer as your title while creating profile instead of mentioning the correct title which is sales engineer?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
You can make changes to your profile after receiving ITA. Based on information available, this should not cause a rejection as long as you meet minimum entry criteria (MEC) for your program and the change does not lead to point reduction below the minimum cut-off for your draw.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

If your case only involves changing NOC code / Job title then it should not cause a refusal as long as the new NOC code / title falls under defined criteria for the program you are eligible under. Note : It is wise to also include a letter of explanation highlighting the reason for change.

All the best.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
joelmath said:
You can make changes to your profile after receiving ITA. Based on information available, this should not cause a rejection as long as you meet minimum entry criteria (MEC) for your program and the change does not lead to point reduction below the minimum cut-off for your draw.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

If your case only involves changing NOC code / Job title then it should not cause a refusal as long as the new NOC code / title falls under defined criteria for the program you are eligible under. Note : It is wise to also include a letter of explanation highlighting the reason for change.

All the best.
This. Including a LOE makes sense because the case officer might raise an eyebrow as to the authenticity of the whole thing (thinking: "the applicant seems to not know his/her own job title, hmmm that's a bit off"). Best wishes.