+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of ownership

Khanzab

Oct 2, 2018
Hello my situation is I have applied my PR application (paper based). My application time will complete in 6 months (19 months).
My owner who supported me through PNP and PR he quit ownership and his company legal name is change. And right now I am on closed work permit waiting for final decision of my Pr application. And new owner have different company legal name. What I do now? Do I informed CIC? Or better to wait for final decision.
Also I am working with Canada post as a supervisor but now my open permit expire and close permit just approved so should I stop working my another job,

Please help on these.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Hello my situation is I have applied my PR application (paper based). My application time will complete in 6 months (19 months).
My owner who supported me through PNP and PR he quit ownership and his company legal name is change. And right now I am on closed work permit waiting for final decision of my Pr application. And new owner have different company legal name. What I do now? Do I informed CIC? Or better to wait for final decision.
Also I am working with Canada post as a supervisor but now my open permit expire and close permit just approved so should I stop working my another job,

Please help on these.
Just for clarification, when you say "owner", do you mean "employer"?
I do not think a change in employment should affect your PR application unless it is employer-sponsored.

Khanzab

Oct 2, 2018
First thank you for read and for replied me back. Yes employer.
I worked and applied PNP from a (Shell) gas station now employer quit ownership and new owner took over gas station with different company name. And yes my PNP was employer restricted.

Ainp Dec

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
First thank you for read and for replied me back. Yes employer.
I worked and applied PNP from a (Shell) gas station now employer quit ownership and new owner took over gas station with different company name. And yes my PNP was employer restricted.
In your case If you are in Alberta then ainp mention that any change to your job you need to notify them. See your pnp guidelines if in your province they have same guidelines.
But if you read federal file guidelines there is not mention anything about job change. Check with the representative also to make sure.
But in your case you donot change job you are at same position
So better to talk with any representative to get the right information. We are at a peak point I suggest donot take any step without proper knowledge
And if your open work permit is expired so quite the second job right away you can’t work second job after the expiry date of your work permit

Khanzab

Oct 2, 2018
So if I do not work and sit back home wait for my PR decision it should be alright? (I still have 5 more months) why I can not work because the company who support me for a close work permit is still alive but owner of company is not running business anymore. And the person who purchase business he have different company name

Ainp Dec

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
So if I do not work and sit back home wait for my PR decision it should be alright? (I still have 5 more months) why I can not work because the company who support me for a close work permit is still alive but owner of company is not running business anymore. And the person who purchase business he have different company name
I am telling you about your canada post job man

Khanzab

Oct 2, 2018
I have got this I already informed canada post they allowed me 6 months leave without pay.
But about previous message if I do not work anywhere and just wait for a decision of my PR application it should be alright?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Just check with your pnp office. Most likely they want you to inform them about any changes. Sitting home will not help at all.. call n ask them. Just changing owner does not mean you can not work on same job or position.

Ainp Dec

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
I have got this I already informed canada post they allowed me 6 months leave without pay.
But about previous message if I do not work anywhere and just wait for a decision of my PR application it should be alright?
You have to continue the same job until you get the Pr. Talk with your new employer and continue the job

Dec 22, 2023

Please help on these.
brother can you help me plz right now i am also on you place my resturant is same with same name with same location just the ownership is changed can you help me about the pricedure