+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Name after Visa..!

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

We received our visa last week. I am planning to add 'Surname' to my daughters, as they dont have a surname in their passport.

Can anybody please tell me what is the process and what will happen to the current visa. I can get it changed in the passport like they will issue as a new passport.

Can CHC issue us a new visa in the new passport or does the visa in the old passport is enough.

thanks

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Seems very odd that passport was issued without last name. I've never heard of that.

If anything, new passport has to be issued; CHC may have to change your application first and then issue visa; better contact CHC and check....

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Ya that can be done but very time consuming, if you have got visas, why dont you travel first and than get it changed from the relevant emabsssy in Canada ?

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, Ahmad is correct. you can go through the change of name formalities after you landed in Canada. Complete the landing formalities man asap man.. thats really important. the rest u can do in Canada through your nation's embassy in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

joogle said:
Seems very odd that passport was issued without last name. I've never heard of that.

If anything, new passport has to be issued; CHC may have to change your application first and then issue visa; better contact CHC and check....
Not that odd if you are from Indonesia, Nepal , Tibet Malaysia.

PMM

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

I have faxed and Mailed CHC,ND asking about the process. I have done all the formalities locally to change in the Passport. Let me check what CHC has to say (if they respond) and decide.tnx friends.