+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Marital status .. Please Help

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
hello all

I got an update on my file 2 days ago as i got the Awaiting for Decision mail from immigration .
But i have below Queries

1. I filed my application in Dec 2013 with my marital status as Separated and Recently I got divorced and the oral Order is passed by Judge .But in India its takes 2 months to get official document which will be my official proof of Divorce . Also i am going to remarry possibley in Aug this year so my marital status will again change from Divorce to Married .So my question is that should i inform Immigration right now about change of status of from Seperated to Divorce but i dont have any documentary proof yet or should i wait till aug for my marriage and then inform immigration about change in my marital status.

Also, Please note CSQ has not being issued yet . So , informing about my change of martial status will impact my CSQ decision ?

I am very confused . Kindly help .

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Below are my few doubts
thank you very much mgazi and Schehrazade for the replies .Yes i will definetly going to inform immigration about my change in marital status but I am bit confused when to inform them and below are the doubts

1. Should I inform Immigration right now but i dont have any document proof of divorce from my previous marriage yet .
2. Should i inform Immigration once i get documentary proof of Divorce but before my nxt marriage which is possiblly in Aug this year
3. Should i inform immigration once i remarry in august.

Also i had initially applied as Sepearated marital status and mentioned that my wife will not accompany me .. so i will be getting CSQ for me only or it will be both for me and my Ex wife ?

Please provide the valuable inputs ..

aashu241

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Quebec
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CANADA
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
07-03-2019
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hie raman, can you please tell me which declarartion form we have to send to midi because my cousin has also received same update and in that midi ask to submit declaration form, I am not able to get this form and please tell me how to get this form and fill the form
Thanks

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
if MIDI has asked any declaraton form to submit then they must have mentioned which declaration form applicants has to submit in the letter they had sent ,so check the letter you received from MIDI it must be mentioned there in the letter itself

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Hello, you have 30 days to inform MIDI from the day you get real proof you are divorced.

I can tell you my case: I applied on november 2015 as married without accompanying spouse because of course you always have to tell the truth specially with marital status. On december I started divorce papers but I got the judge's decision on February 2016, after that I had to file the judge's decision in the local office of Civil Registry and from then I had to wait about a month to get the official paper. on march 2016 I got the divorce and only then I sent the update with the correct form, also I sent a cover letter explaining the divorce process in my country and the exact dates from the judge's decision until the final paper to be officially divorced, they accepted that and I got CSQ recently on april 27th.

Be aware if you get married your file will be examined again with your spouse and you will get csq if you both have enough points as a couple. In my case I think it didnt affect because even though I applied as married I put on the request "without accompanying spouse" so I was evaluated with the point criteria of a single person (49 points sans conjoint)

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
cherishlady said:
Hello, you have 30 days to inform MIDI from the day you get real proof you are divorced.

I can tell you my case: I applied on november 2015 as married without accompanying spouse because of course you always have to tell the truth specially with marital status. On december I started divorce papers but I got the judge's decision on February 2016, after that I had to file the judge's decision in the local office of Civil Registry and from then I had to wait about a month to get the official paper. on march 2016 I got the divorce and only then I sent the update with the correct form, also I sent a cover letter explaining the divorce process in my country and the exact dates from the judge's decision until the final paper to be officially divorced, they accepted that and I got CSQ recently on april 27th.

Be aware if you get married your file will be examined again with your spouse and you will get csq if you both have enough points as a couple. In my case I think it didnt affect because even though I applied as married I put on the request "without accompanying spouse" so I was evaluated with the point criteria of a single person (49 points sans conjoint)
Thank you very much for the reply and it was really helpful . I am also going through the same position and i had word with Immigration call center as per them I should wait till i get the official divorce paper and then inform them as soon as i get the papers . I got divorced in April 3 rd week and i applied for the official papers and expecting to the get the papers in june 1st week . So Once i get the papers i will inform MIDI along with papers and change of condition form and the cover letter explaining my position .

Also if I get re-marry I will inform MIDI that i got remarried but will keep my spouse as not accompany member as i am planning to sponser my would be wife once i reach canada . As i think it will be better approach and risk free also .