+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of marital status after getting student visa

A Mahmood

May 7, 2012
Hello everyone!

I have an admission in a university and received my canadian study visa. I am planning to get married before going to canada; I would like to know if there are any updates / changes i have to inform about in this case as my application was at the time of being single.

Thanks for your time.

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
A Mahmood said:
Hello everyone!

I have an admission in a university and received my canadian study visa. I am planning to get married before going to canada; I would like to know if there are any updates / changes i have to inform about in this case as my application was at the time of being single.

Thanks for your time.
You don't need to provide any details unless you apply for spouse visa............

Reactions: Matibrahim_86

A Mahmood

May 7, 2012
Thanks for the reply momi. So what I understand is that I can get my nikkah/registeration done in Pakistan and then continue to travel on my student visa without any updatings?
My to-be wife is already in canada and a PR. So do I need to declare my nikkah/registeration from Pakistan when i am in canada? can she sponsor me from inside canada once i am there on my student visa?

Thanks for your time.

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
A Mahmood said:
Thanks for the reply momi. So what I understand is that I can get my nikkah/registeration done in Pakistan and then continue to travel on my student visa without any updatings?
My to-be wife is already in canada and a PR. So do I need to declare my nikkah/registeration from Pakistan when i am in canada? can she sponsor me from inside canada once i am there on my student visa?

Thanks for your time.
You have already GOT visa , the only thing which matters now that you complete your studies there. Who sponsors you now or with who you tie a knot does not matter.It will matter when you apply for PR................

Jd5

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

A Mahmood said:

Thanks for your time.

Yes, your spouse can sponsor your from inside Canada once you there on a valid TRV. But, the processing time is longer, with no right to appeal, must stay inside Canada while application is under process.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
A Mahmood said:

Thanks for your time.
If both of you stay in Ca then not a prob. She can apply for your PR , may be she need to be in job (need to check ) and processing time is over a year.

raaamandip

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Hello,
I got marriage after getting my study visa,now I am planning to invite my spouse here,do I need to change my marital status in an embassy or anywhere.

Ghurala

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Could you please explained about warning.
SOWP is a privilege not a right, you cannot demand IRCC but can only request and there are requirements for both you and your spouse that you would have to meet before IRCC can issue a SOWP. There are few steps that you should do right now.

I always advise my clients who are in similar stage to contact IRCC to update them of your marital status, that should be the first step.