+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Marital Status after Applying for PR

Jey18

Aug 2, 2018
Hi! I already have a pending PR application under EE FSW. It says in the processing time that it will take 6 months to get the result. However, me and my fiance are planning to get married soon. He is also in Canada under PGWP. Should I change any information in my submitted application when we get married? Can I include him in the application or I have to wait for the result before I can sponsor him to become PR as well?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi! I already have a pending PR application under EE FSW. It says in the processing time that it will take 6 months to get the result. However, me and my fiance are planning to get married soon. He is also in Canada under PGWP. Should I change any information in my submitted application when we get married? Can I include him in the application or I have to wait for the result before I can sponsor him to become PR as well?
If you get married after applying pr application you have to tell cic through web form about your marital status. You can't just ignore it and get married without letting them know. If you wana get married after your pr , you have to sponsor your husband which takes around 12 months time. If your marriage is genuine and you have proof I would suggest you to add him in your application.