+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of IUC number???

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi guys,

Me and my friend we both realized that our UCI (unique client identifier) may have changed. We used to have a number starting with the three letters CAN followed by numbers. We used that in all of our PR application documents. Now we received PPR and we realize the UCI number is a completely different 8-digit number.

Do you guys know if it's normal?

Has IRCC changed the UCI nomenclature recently?

Thanks,

Last edited:

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
This may be helpful. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013&top=4

Does the CANXXXXXX number share any numbers with the UCI you got after PPR? I know it's usually CAN0000XXXXXXXX. It seems that nowadays you get this CAN UCI number after ITA. In my case, I never had one. I just used the UCI that was shown in my TRV and it remained unchanged until this date.

The 8 digit number you get after receiving a PPR is the one you should follow. It'll show on your PR Card as well as your citizenship certificate in the future.

Reactions: BillyWescott

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi guys,

Me and my friend we both realized that our UCI (unique client identifier) may have changed. We used to have a number starting with the three letters CAN followed by numbers. We used that in all of our PR application documents. Now we received PPR and we realize the UCI number is a completely different 8-digit number.

Do you guys know if it's normal?

Has IRCC changed the UCI nomenclature recently?

Thanks,
UCI number has always been an 8 digit code.

The one you had in your online application, starting the CANXXXXX, was a temporary one. Which gets updated with a permanent one, after the medical is passed. You might have missed this major change and noticed it only now after the PPR!

Also, if you've applied to IRCC previously and have any prior visa with IRCC (transit, tourist, work, study etc), then your UCI number will remain the same as before.

Reactions: BillyWescott

chrome123

Apr 15, 2021
UCI number has always been an 8 digit code.

The one you had in your online application, starting the CANXXXXX, was a temporary one. Which gets updated with a permanent one, after the medical is passed. You might have missed this major change and noticed it only now after the PPR!

Also, if you've applied to IRCC previously and have any prior visa with IRCC (transit, tourist, work, study etc), then your UCI number will remain the same as before.
Hi Friends, i have created my EE profile, ITA pending and see UCI number starting CANXXXXXXX. Also in parallel i am in process of applying work visa through my employer. In work visa application it demands UCI number/ questions like " have you applied for Canada before". Can you please guide whether i need to mention my EE profile details as well the temp UCI number ( as we get the actual UCI number at the end stage as stated above in thread ) or should i leave the question and UCI number blank in the work visa form?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Friends, i have created my EE profile, ITA pending and see UCI number starting CANXXXXXXX. Also in parallel i am in process of applying work visa through my employer. In work visa application it demands UCI number/ questions like " have you applied for Canada before". Can you please guide whether i need to mention my EE profile details as well the temp UCI number ( as we get the actual UCI number at the end stage as stated above in thread ) or should i leave the question and UCI number blank in the work visa form?
Having an Express Entry profile doesn't mean you have applied to IRCC. The UCI number, which you see in your profile, isn't a valid one. Its being assigned temporarily to all the Express Entry applications. Unless, you received an ITA and submitted the documents to IRCC, it can't be considered as "applied".

So, "NO" is the answer to the respective question, and leave the UCI field blank as its not applicable to you.

chrome123

Apr 15, 2021
Having an Express Entry profile doesn't mean you have applied to IRCC. The UCI number, which you see in your profile, isn't a valid one. Its being assigned temporarily to all the Express Entry applications. Unless, you received an ITA and submitted the documents to IRCC, it can't be considered as "applied".

So, "NO" is the answer to the respective question, and leave the UCI field blank as its not applicable to you.
Many Thanks for your response. So, in that case, Can i still use the same login account(having express entry application) to create new application for work permit or shall i create new login account for work permit application.

Kindly advise.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Many Thanks for your response. So, in that case, Can i still use the same login account(having express entry application) to create new application for work permit or shall i create new login account for work permit application.

Kindly advise.
Yes. Either way it should be fine.

mp001

Aug 9, 2021
Hi Everyone
I am a CEC applicant AOR 22 June 2021.on June 23 my uci number changed from temporary CAN to original. Received an email from ircc that profile status has been changed.But there is no other updates on my profile.i was hoping for Medicals to be updated. Is there anybody having similar situation?

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
Hi Everyone
I am a CEC applicant AOR 22 June 2021.on June 23 my uci number changed from temporary CAN to original. Received an email from ircc that profile status has been changed.But there is no other updates on my profile.i was hoping for Medicals to be updated. Is there anybody having similar situation?
hi can i ask led what happen after you received the ghost email?