+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of field of study ?

daijia

Jan 29, 2018
Hello! My study permit says Business/Commerce under field of study. I am changing my program and institute to a Computers diploma. Should that be okay?
According to many sources (International student office of different universities) and also CIC websites, they never mentioned that you would have to reapply a study permit if you change your program

They have said explicitly that you don't have to tell them unless you change a university. I believe it is normal for students to change their program, I don't feel it is logic anyway if they ask you to change a new study permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
According to many sources (International student office of different universities) and also CIC websites, they never mentioned that you would have to reapply a study permit if you change your program

They have said explicitly that you don't have to tell them unless you change a university. I believe it is normal for students to change their program, I don't feel it is logic anyway if they ask you to change a new study permit
Your choice of program must make sense based on previous education and work history and lead to career advancement.