+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Of Employment While Application To AINP H1B Category Is In Progress

vikrampai

Oct 2, 2009
Hello,

I am currently working in the United States on an H1B visa and I applied for my immigration to Canada under the AINP provincial nominee program on September 22, 2009.

I am also currently in the process of changing jobs in the United States and I applied to transfer my H1B visa from my current employer to my future employer on September 29, 2009, and I am scheduled end work at my current employer on October 7, 2009 and to start work with my future employer on October 13, 2009.

I would appreciate it someone could kindly provide me some guidance with regards to how my change of employment affects my application to Canada under the AINP program. My job description at my current employer and my future employer are the same and I am not sure what documents I need to send to Alberta at this stage to indicate my change of employment.

Please note that my H1B visa transfer is not taking place via the premium processing route and is scheduled to take place via the normal route, hence it might be up to three months before I hear about my visa transfer status.

Any advice/guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jlacombe

Sep 19, 2009
Make sure you keep AINP apprised of any changes in your status. I'd recommend phoning them first to find out the correct procedure: 780-427-6419 .

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikrampai said:
Hello,

I am currently working in the United States on an H1B visa and I applied for my immigration to Canada under the AINP provincial nominee program on September 22, 2009.

I am also currently in the process of changing jobs in the United States and I applied to transfer my H1B visa from my current employer to my future employer on September 29, 2009, and I am scheduled end work at my current employer on October 7, 2009 and to start work with my future employer on October 13, 2009.

I would appreciate it someone could kindly provide me some guidance with regards to how my change of employment affects my application to Canada under the AINP program. My job description at my current employer and my future employer are the same and I am not sure what documents I need to send to Alberta at this stage to indicate my change of employment.

Please note that my H1B visa transfer is not taking place via the premium processing route and is scheduled to take place via the normal route, hence it might be up to three months before I hear about my visa transfer status.

Any advice/guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have full sympathy with you. I wish you could be real Vikram Pandit so don't even have to do the job. You would be happy to testify before congress and say "My salary is One million a dollar and I recieved no Bonus and as I said earlier: I plan to take One Dollar a Year as Salary untill I return Citi to Profitability" Anyways here is the solution of your problem:

IF YOU HAVE NOT NOMINATED AND CHANGING EMPLOYER:
Further Classification:
IF TRANSFERRED TO REDDY TYPE EMPLOYER
Inform AINP and CIC once petition has been approved because it is reddy transfer so there will be a query/RFE and if you inform AINP and CIC and gets transfer denied, You may face trouble from AINP side because they will know that new H1B transfer was denied by USCIS.

IF TRANSFERRED TO NON-REDDY OR FORTUNE 1000 TYPE EMPLOYER
Don't hesitate and inform AINP and CIC right away because even if there will be query in transfer, eventually transfer will get approved because the name of the CEO of fortune 1000 will NOT BE Venkatarama Mandalappa Reddy or something like this.

IF YOU HAVE NOMINATED AND CHANGING EMPLOYER:
Just inform AINP about New Employer and address and also inform CIC
Further Classification:
IF TRANSFERED TO REDDY TYPE EMPLOYER
You have less chances to get affected Just Inform CIC or AINP because you are nominated already.

IF TRANSFERED YOUR H1 TO NON-REDDY OR FORTUNE 1000 TYPE EMPLOYER
You have less chances to get affected Just Inform CIC or AINP because you are nominated already.

IF YOU HAVE NOMINATED, MEDICALS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED AND CHANGING EMPLOYER:
Further Classification:
IF TRANSFERRED TO REDDY TYPE EMPLOYER:
You have less chances to get affected Just Inform CIC or AINP because you are nominated already. You are already in advance stage of CIC Process so less or minimal worries.

IF TRANSFERRED TO NON-REDDY OR FORTUNE 1000 TYPE EMPLOYER:
You have less chances to get affected Just Inform CIC or AINP because you are nominated already. You are already in advance stage of CIC Process so less or minimal worrie
s.