+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of DLI

Bert123

Dec 2, 2023
Hello please I got to Canada with a student visa but my admission got revoked but now and the school transferred back my tuition fee and I got admission to another school and payed .
Now I am trying to change my DLI through the online application.
but it keeps saying no matching information found on your application.
what should I do I when tried it multiple times .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello please I got to Canada with a student visa but my admission got revoked but now and the school transferred back my tuition fee and I got admission to another school and payed .
. Are you sure you had a study permit? What school did you apply to the first time? Sadly some consultants tell students they have been approved and then tell them the school no longer has room for them. Did you apply through a consultant or on your own? If in Canada were you given a study permit at the border.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you never studied at the first DLI for at least a semester, and now want to chance DLIs, you need to apply for new study permit. You can only study at the DLI on your permit. So create a new application.

Bert123

Dec 2, 2023
. Are you sure you had a study permit? What school did you apply to the first time? Sadly some consultants tell students they have been approved and then tell them the school no longer has room for them. Did you apply through a consultant or on your own? If in Canada were you given a study permit at the border.
Yes I was given a study permit at the border in Toronto and I went to the school and confirmed my admission

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I was given a study permit at the border in Toronto and I went to the school and confirmed my admission
What school was this? How long after you went to the school was the admission cancelled? In your situation you must reapply for a new study permit.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Did you pay final tuition fee to secure your seat? I could think of that circumstance for school to cancel your LOA and refund you

Bert123

Dec 2, 2023
I deferred my admission late , so they said I only have options for fall semester which is too far for me so I decided to withdraw from the school and get admission somewhere else

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I deferred my admission late , so they said I only have options for fall semester which is too far for me so I decided to withdraw from the school and get admission somewhere else
Then your study permit will be invalidated. You need to apply for a new study permit. You should have strong reason for deferral before Visa Processing Officer to consider another SP application. What was the reason to defer your studies after landing in Canada?

Bert123

Dec 2, 2023
Why would I apply for a new study permit when there is option to change DLi on the RICC application portal . And I would apply for a new one if I haven’t gotten visa yet but I have gotten visa .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Why would I apply for a new study permit when there is option to change DLi on the RICC application portal . And I would apply for a new one if I haven’t gotten visa yet but I have gotten visa .
You got visa based on LOA from previous DLI that you later withdrew. When filing annual compliance report, your previous DLI will report you as "Not Active Student" and your counterfoil will be invalidated by IRCC. Yes, there is option to change DLI, but that option has two conditions to be met. One, you must be enrolled in designated DLI and two, You must be actively studying while in Canada. In your situation, the answer is NO for both...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html

Bert123

Dec 2, 2023
Then your study permit will be invalidated. You need to apply for a new study permit. You should have strong reason for deferral before Visa Processing Officer to consider another SP application. What was the reason to defer your studies after landing in Canada?
You got visa based on LOA from previous DLI that you later withdrew. When filing annual compliance report, your previous DLI will report you as "Not Active Student" and your counterfoil will be invalidated by IRCC. Yes, there is option to change DLI, but that option has two conditions to be met. One, you must be enrolled in designated DLI and two, You must be actively studying while in Canada. In your situation, the answer is NO for both...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools.html
I came into Canada November and I made the change on Nov 27th