+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Course/Program after Visa Approval.

aj.unh2011

Oct 18, 2013
Some Agency told me,If you want to change the Program after Visa Approval, it can only be done after I Enter Canada and The Embassy needs to be Informed about the Change and it would be to the Embassy's Discretion to allow that Change or not.

However, Citizenship And Immigration Canada Website Says:

•You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
•If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.
i.e www.cic.gc.ca

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
aj.unh2011 said:
Some Agency told me,If you want to change the Program after Visa Approval, it can only be done after I Enter Canada and The Embassy needs to be Informed about the Change and it would be to the Embassy's Discretion to allow that Change or not.

However, Citizenship And Immigration Canada Website Says:

•You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
•If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.
i.e www.cic.gc.ca
Agents are Outdated, Go with CIC Information