+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Course- Law to Human Resource Management

Sep 21, 2022
Hey guys,

I am a law graduate from India with one year of experience in the field of litigation. I am planning to take up a Human Resource Graduate Certificate course in Ontario.
Well, My profile is:
10th(CBSE)- 78%
12th(CBSE)- 83%(Commerce field)
BALLB(H)- 66.3%
Ielts- aiming for 7.5- 8 band overall in January.
Consultants here suggest that "you should go for Paralegal as you have studied law and will show some relevance to your previous course which will foster better chances of Visa". I was going through another thread on this forum where kids who have studied law and applied for paralegal got visa rejections because:
1. They were not able to satisfy the visa officers, as the course has country-specific laws and will definitely be having the intention of settling in Canada.
2. That they have done law there was no point of studying paralegals as they are just the law assistants and not the lawyers, so once you are a licensed lawyer why will you be going for a course which will only allow you to assist lawyers?

Anyway, I want to go for HR, is there anyone who can help me with this? Because In one sense Law and Human Resource are closely related. If anyone who has or had a similar situation may help. I really need it!
Thanks a lot!
Me too seeking hr after llb. could you plz help me? My email id sruthyk298@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2022
Hey guys,

I am a law graduate from India with one year of experience in the field of litigation. I am planning to take up a Human Resource Graduate Certificate course in Ontario.
Well, My profile is:
10th(CBSE)- 78%
12th(CBSE)- 83%(Commerce field)
BALLB(H)- 66.3%
Ielts- aiming for 7.5- 8 band overall in January.
Consultants here suggest that "you should go for Paralegal as you have studied law and will show some relevance to your previous course which will foster better chances of Visa". I was going through another thread on this forum where kids who have studied law and applied for paralegal got visa rejections because:
1. They were not able to satisfy the visa officers, as the course has country-specific laws and will definitely be having the intention of settling in Canada.
2. That they have done law there was no point of studying paralegals as they are just the law assistants and not the lawyers, so once you are a licensed lawyer why will you be going for a course which will only allow you to assist lawyers?

Anyway, I want to go for HR, is there anyone who can help me with this? Because In one sense Law and Human Resource are closely related. If anyone who has or had a similar situation may help. I really need it!
Thanks a lot!
Cold you help me too? My email id sruthyk298@gmail.com

fizzy17194

Sep 24, 2022
Hey! Yes i got through the HRM program! I am studying in Fanshawe college.
Career prospects here depends on you and your skills of networking with people. Gaining marks is not very tough here as we have regular assignments through which we earn marks and we can present a good result in front of the recruiter!
Otherwise life is tough. No bed of roses. Work for your self live your life, attend school , do part time! This is life here. If you ok in adjusting with those, good enough!
Other than that all is good. People are good weather is a bit harsh but we have every protection available so that is also manageable.
If you have any other question let me know will be happy to help you!
Hi!! Are you still available to discuss? I have to apply for my visa now , very confused about what to write in SOP to justify HRM after law