+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Course- Law to Human Resource Management

Manasvi012

Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys,

I am a law graduate from India with one year of experience in the field of litigation. I am planning to take up a Human Resource Graduate Certificate course in Ontario.
Well, My profile is:
10th(CBSE)- 78%
12th(CBSE)- 83%(Commerce field)
BALLB(H)- 66.3%
Ielts- aiming for 7.5- 8 band overall in January.
Consultants here suggest that "you should go for Paralegal as you have studied law and will show some relevance to your previous course which will foster better chances of Visa". I was going through another thread on this forum where kids who have studied law and applied for paralegal got visa rejections because:
1. They were not able to satisfy the visa officers, as the course has country-specific laws and will definitely be having the intention of settling in Canada.
2. That they have done law there was no point of studying paralegals as they are just the law assistants and not the lawyers, so once you are a licensed lawyer why will you be going for a course which will only allow you to assist lawyers?

Anyway, I want to go for HR, is there anyone who can help me with this? Because In one sense Law and Human Resource are closely related. If anyone who has or had a similar situation may help. I really need it!
Thanks a lot!

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
hey , I have the same issue even I am a law grad from India . Did you finally apply for HRM ? would like to know what the career prospects are incase you got through.

Manasvi012

Nov 29, 2018
Hey! Yes i got through the HRM program! I am studying in Fanshawe college.
Career prospects here depends on you and your skills of networking with people. Gaining marks is not very tough here as we have regular assignments through which we earn marks and we can present a good result in front of the recruiter!
Otherwise life is tough. No bed of roses. Work for your self live your life, attend school , do part time! This is life here. If you ok in adjusting with those, good enough!
Other than that all is good. People are good weather is a bit harsh but we have every protection available so that is also manageable.
If you have any other question let me know will be happy to help you!

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Im so glad to hear that! Could you please tell me exactly what you wrote the SOP , for the visa? Alot of people have told me that the visa will get rejected because I am planning to pursue a subject which isnt related to my undergrad degree .

Manasvi012

Nov 29, 2018
If i can have your contact number? I can't share the sop here or if you can give your email id i can send it you over thr.

Jasun08

Oct 23, 2019
If i can have your contact number? I can't share the sop here or if you can give your email id i can send it you over thr.
Hello! my name is Asma. I have also applied in fanshawe college for jan 2020, but unfortunately my first application got rejected. I am planning to re apply I need your help can you please help me??

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Hello! my name is Asma. I have also applied in fanshawe college for jan 2020, but unfortunately my first application got rejected. I am planning to re apply I need your help can you please help me??
Have you applied for HRM too ? After studying law in India ?

Jasun08

Oct 23, 2019
Have you applied for HRM too ? After studying law in India ?
Yes, my profile is also same as manasvi except percentage in graduation. I have done BALLB general n scored 67% from University of Calcutta. Class XII: Commerce. I have done my graduation in the year of 2017 n since then m practicing in court.

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Yes, my profile is also same as manasvi except percentage in graduation. I have done BALLB general n scored 67% from University of Calcutta. Class XII: Commerce. I have done my graduation in the year of 2017 n since then m practicing in court.
hey , send me your contact no or email , if you want , even I am planning to apply for HRM , we can help each other out