+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Contact Person for my Employment Reference Letter

Debby Choi

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, i received ITA in Mar 2020 and submitted my application with all required documents on 18 June. But just learnt that my HR Head who issued my reference letter was fired. Should i notify IRCC? I searched iRCC website and they don't mention about such kind of change.

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi, i received ITA in Mar 2020 and submitted my application with all required documents on 18 June. But just learnt that my HR Head who issued my reference letter was fired. Should i notify IRCC? I searched iRCC website and they don't mention about such kind of change.
Don't worry, this is something out of your control and something you should not be aware of. If they decide to call, they should be able to get a hold of someone else. I would not really worry too much.

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
If I were you, I would ask for the email of the new HR, then send that person an email to explain about my immigration situation. Just a head up to let them know in advance, save us any hassles possible later. It’s just the way I do it.

Debby Choi

Oct 21, 2020
If I were you, I would ask for the email of the new HR, then send that person an email to explain about my immigration situation. Just a head up to let them know in advance, save us any hassles possible later. It’s just the way I do it.
Thanks!! So i don't need to inform IRCC? The previous HR provided her mobile number (not Company's extension number) for further queries, using Company letterhead with Company's general tel no.

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Thanks!! So i don't need to inform IRCC? The previous HR provided her mobile number (not Company's extension number) for further queries, using Company letterhead with Company's general tel no.
So I would contact the old HR as well, let him/her know that I already submitted my application and IRCC may contact them to verify my work during that period of time. IRCC don't always call the company but they do call, I know one case at least, to verify the job, so it would be better to give HRs a head up.