+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Citizenship test date

ayk

Nov 29, 2010
Hi,

I received the letter from IRCC informing about the test date, unfortunately I will be out of country for that week. The letter says to contact IRCC via mail if I am unable to attend the test. Does anyone know of any implications (other than delay in processing) for asking for a different test date ?

Thanks,
AYK

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayk said:
Hi,

I received the letter from IRCC informing about the test date, unfortunately I will be out of country for that week. The letter says to contact IRCC via mail if I am unable to attend the test. Does anyone know of any implications (other than delay in processing) for asking for a different test date ?

Thanks,
AYK
You need to contact the CIC call centre and also send letter to the local office that has your file. The cic can reschedule your test if your reason is genuine enough. If you're only going for vacation or something not that serious they might not reschedule the test. The implication of that is that they might simply treat your case as "abandoned - No Show for Test". If your trip is about vacation or Tourism or something not very important, it's better to reschedule your flight. Another advice is that even if you do the test now, you must inform the officer that will interview you of your planned trip so that your Oath will not be scheduled to coincide with the period of your absence.

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi AYK,
It is great to finish the test on time and in 1 approx month time have your oath based on time lines in spread sheet , 10 to 15 to CDN passport. what could be more important than that?
something to think about.....

ayk

Nov 29, 2010
Thank you all for your inputs.

The reason I can not attend the required test date is I need to attend a vendor conference from work, is the above reason CIC would have issue's in rescheduling the test ? In my request letter to CIC should I send any documentary proof from work that I need to attend the conference ?
Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
AYK