+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address ?

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear nice members,

Coud you please tell me if i change my address is there will be any delaying in my application i mean in processing of my application.

If yes please let me know whether it effects delaying of processing or not. if i change my address? if anyone of you would have this experience .

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
I have changed my residential address after sending them the application and receiving AOR. I dont think it should have any adverse affect on your application to change your residential address. But you should immediately inform Islamabad embassy in writing about the change of address. Probably you could make a new police clearance certificate from the jurisdiction of your new residence and send it as well along with your change of address notification. I will advice you to inform them about any material change when it happens and leave no room for risk of misrepresentation.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Thanks for replying my message, but the problem is i am resident of Afghanistan and i only went to get married in Pakistan i stayed for a month only.

now i would like to change my address from pakistan to Afghanistan is it possible.

ONLY I GOT MARRIED IN PAKISTAN AND THEN AFTER A MONTH I RETURNED TO MY COUNTRY AND NOW I DON'T KNOW IF YOU GUYS ADVISE ME .

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
lolz...ok! I thought you are a Pakistani yourself. Islamabad Embassy is also responsible and dealing with cases from Afghanistan. Your situation remains the same. You should inform about change of address to Islamabad Embassy if you are going back to live in Afghanistan or have already started living there. You may keep your mailing address in Pakistan if you wish to, (your in-laws home address probably). But its advisable to have same address for both purposes.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Thank you very much for your message,

actually if you kindly please let me know a few things. its over a month that my application forwarded from Mississauga to Islamabad.

i mean my wife received acknowledgement receipt of my application on 15 jan08 from mississauga.
but its over a month that i can't see the stutus of my application online. e-cas. If you please update me on this

thanks

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Frist tell me where is your wife living right now? In Pakistan or Canada? Then tell me if you have received Acknowledgement of Reciept letter from Islamabad? only then I can tell you next about how to check your application status on line.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
My wife currenly living in Canada. and still i am waiting for my AOR. after how manydays usually local office send the AOR.

Thanks

dottoressa

Feb 17, 2008
We are still waiting for AOR....my husband's file was transferred to ISB on Nov 15, which is more than 3-4 wks....any guesses why its taking this long????

dottoressa

Feb 17, 2008
Hi Martha,

Thank you for your reply with much appreciation. I would like to share my timeline and any suggestions are welcome.

Following is my timeline:

Application: Oct 17/07
Started processing: Nov 09/07
Sponsorship approval: Nov19/07
File transferred to ISB....no AOR
PR application: "In Process" since Jan 09/08 (shows on E-CAS)

Inspite of the e-client status, we have not heard from CHC since the transfer of file nor did we recieve any AOR. We did change the residential address which i faxed (I have the confirmatin of fax that it went through)and my husband mailed and faxed from Karachi around the same time our file was transferred. Is this normal or something to worry about???

Thank you again for your help and suggestions

regards,

dottoressa

martha marita said:
Files being transfered interferes with a streamline of processing. The best thing is to contact them.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
it seems your process is going smoothly. please check the website when you check file status if the address is the correct on. I would nt worry as it seems the first phase has been dealth with

dottoressa said:
Hi Martha,

Thank you for your reply with much appreciation. I would like to share my timeline and any suggestions are welcome.

Following is my timeline:

Application: Oct 17/07
Started processing: Nov 09/07
Sponsorship approval: Nov19/07
File transferred to ISB....no AOR
PR application: "In Process" since Jan 09/08 (shows on E-CAS)

Inspite of the e-client status, we have not heard from CHC since the transfer of file nor did we recieve any AOR. We did change the residential address which i faxed (I have the confirmatin of fax that it went through)and my husband mailed and faxed from Karachi around the same time our file was transferred. Is this normal or something to worry about???

Thank you again for your help and suggestions

regards,

dottoressa

martha marita said:
Files being transfered interferes with a streamline of processing. The best thing is to contact them.