+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address - Outland application

Smarties17

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi all, I applied Outland and have recently (as of this week) moved to Canada (as a visitor of course) with my wife while we wait for the application to finish processing. I have done and passed my medicals and biometrics. My question is, I no longer have my apartment in the states(the address on my application), so do I need to change my address with IRCC to our address in Canada? Or? If yes, how do I go about doing so?

Edit: I forgot to mention...my mail in the states is currently being forwarded to my parents home. I can use their address for IRCC if needed to simplify things

Last edited:

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hi all, I applied Outland and have recently (as of this week) moved to Canada (as a visitor of course) with my wife while we wait for the application to finish processing. I have done and passed my medicals and biometrics. My question is, I no longer have my apartment in the states(the address on my application), so do I need to change my address with IRCC to our address in Canada? Or? If yes, how do I go about doing so?

Edit: I forgot to mention...my mail in the states is currently being forwarded to my parents home. I can use their address for IRCC if needed to simplify things
Pretty much every communication you get from IRCC says to notify them if your address changes, so I would say you probably need to do that. Send them a message using the webform so that it gets updated. I dont know how much they actually use your mailing address if they have your email and GCKey, but on the off chance they do use it you want it to go directly to you and not to your parents house.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

You MUST tell tgem your change of address. When you are approved, they send your precious CoPR to whatever mailing address they hold for you. You really dont want that form going astray!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Change both your mailing and residential address to Canada by Webform.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Change both your mailing and residential address to Canada by Webform.
This. Change both. When my husband and I applied for Outland he was still in Canada and then went back to New Zealand when his IEC Visa expired. We notified them of the change via webform but they apparently never received it. As a result, he was given instructions to send his PPR to Ottawa, which he could not do because he was no longer in the country. We ended up having to email Ottawa directly to inform them of the change for address and mailing address and request a new PPR.

It was a major headache that added three weeks to our processing timeline but he did receive a new PPR with instructions to send his PPR to Auckland, New Zealand.

Make sure after sending the webform that the address gets updated on your Ecas/GCkey so you know the change was recognized and implemented.

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
This. Change both. When my husband and I applied for Outland he was still in Canada and then went back to New Zealand when his IEC Visa expired. We notified them of the change via webform but they apparently never received it. As a result, he was given instructions to send his PPR to Ottawa, which he could not do because he was no longer in the country. We ended up having to email Ottawa directly to inform them of the change for address and mailing address and request a new PPR.

It was a major headache that added three weeks to our processing timeline but he did receive a new PPR with instructions to send his PPR to Auckland, New Zealand.

Make sure after sending the webform that the address gets updated on your Ecas/GCkey so you know the change was recognized and implemented.
you never see the address on Ecas/GCkey so i think you are mistaken here , i login to my account i never saw anywhere showing address

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020

Hi, after how many months of him moving to NZ did he receive the PPR? and did you inform IRCC about change of address right away when he left for NZ? Thanks