+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address and occupation while Study Permit application is in Process

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
With my MBA program start date approaching, I have recently resigned from my organization and planning to move to my native place. In this scenario, my address and occupation both will change. My Student permit application is still in process. My questions are
  1. Shall I inform these changes to the IRCC?
  2. If yes, how to communicate the same and how Does it impact the processing time?
  3. If I don’t share this information with IRCC, will there be any problem?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
As a courtesy to other users you should also put all of your questions in one place instead of making five new threads for each one.

So as to your other inquiries, you won't get a study permit longer than the validity of your current passport. You would have to apply to extend your permit and TRV if need be.

Application processing times are all over the place these days and it's not unusual to not hear back for months. All you can do is wait.

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
As a courtesy to other users you should also put all of your questions in one place instead of making five new threads for each one.

So as to your other inquiries, you won't get a study permit longer than the validity of your current passport. You would have to apply to extend your permit and TRV if need be.

Application processing times are all over the place these days and it's not unusual to not hear back for months. All you can do is wait.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

For passport- I understood the study permit validity part

My concern is that after getting study permit, my TRV will be on the old passport and IRCC would not be having details of my new passport.
Will there be any problem on the Port of Entry?

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

For passport- I understood the study permit validity part

My concern is that after getting study permit, my TRV will be on the old passport and IRCC would not be having details of my new passport.
Will there be any problem on the Port of Entry?
You should bring both passports to the port of entry