+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address after PPR

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am going to change my address in Toronto as we are going to move next month ( Sept. ).

So I am thinking if I should submit a change of address request to CIC through a form or it should be okay at this point as they can send me the stamped passport back to the address specified on the return envelope. And upon landing, can I give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to?

Any input or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am going to change my address in Toronto as we are going to move next month ( Sept. ).

So I am thinking if I should submit a change of address request to CIC through a form or it should be okay at this point as they can send me the stamped passport back to the address specified on the return envelope. And upon landing, can I give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to?

Any input or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

kindly inform cic about the address change...

Reactions: kimi_pat

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
In the PPR email, they will ask you to inform them of any changes to your application (such as getting married or changing your address). So best thing is to do it now via the IRCC webform https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
Hi uppperkut,

Thanks for your reply. But we have not found a new place yet so I can let them know once new address is confirmed. Just wanted to double check that in the web form in above link, I am supposed to select PR online application or Change of Contact and then on next page, I will write my new address? Please confirm this if you can as it is a bit confusing. Which option should be selected in drop-down menu that says Type of application/enquiry to change address?

Thanks again. Appreciated your help.

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
kindly inform cic about the address change...
Hi sunnyvin,

Thanks for you reply. I will inform them once new address is confirmed. Just wondering if it will affect processing time of my application. Please advise if you can. Thank you.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi uppperkut,

Thanks for your reply. But we have not found a new place yet so I can let them know once new address is confirmed. Just wanted to double check that in the web form in above link, I am supposed to select PR online application or Change of Contact and then on next page, I will write my new address? Please confirm this if you can as it is a bit confusing. Which option should be selected in drop-down menu that says Type of application/enquiry to change address?

Thanks again. Appreciated your help.
I used "Change of contact information" one month after my AOR date. Never received a confirmation. But at least I did my part. :)

Reactions: kimi_pat