+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address after eAPR

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi all,

I submitted my eAPR in June 2019 while on break in India (country of citizenship). Completed my biometrics and medical formalities in India too. I moved back to the US for work in August and plan to be here for the foreseeable future. I used my India address for my application.

Now that I'm in the US and have a different residential address, do I need to send CIC an update? My India address is still valid i.e. it's my family home, but I don't live there currently.

-- Do I need to send a webform to CIC with this update?
-- Does doing so delay my application due to change in visa offices etc?
-- My concern with not sending the update is that during passport submission, I might get the visa office in India and that wont be feasible.

Thoughts?

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
Hi all,

I submitted my eAPR in June 2019 while on break in India (country of citizenship). Completed my biometrics and medical formalities in India too. I moved back to the US for work in August and plan to be here for the foreseeable future. I used my India address for my application.

Now that I'm in the US and have a different residential address, do I need to send CIC an update? My India address is still valid i.e. it's my family home, but I don't live there currently.

-- Do I need to send a webform to CIC with this update?
-- Does doing so delay my application due to change in visa offices etc?
-- My concern with not sending the update is that during passport submission, I might get the visa office in India and that wont be feasible.

Thoughts?
Did you find answer to this ? I am in the same boat. Though I haven't applied yet. I am expecting ITA on 27th and would be in INDIA for holiday from 27th on wards for 60 days which means I would be submitting application in India itself. Please let me know if you found any solution to this. I have 481 score but want to withdraw application if it involves so many troubles. Thanks

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Did you find answer to this ? I am in the same boat. Though I haven't applied yet. I am expecting ITA on 27th and would be in INDIA for holiday from 27th on wards for 60 days which means I would be submitting application in India itself. Please let me know if you found any solution to this. I have 481 score but want to withdraw application if it involves so many troubles. Thanks

Hi there, I reached out to CIC via their webform service twice, but haven't received any confirmation from them to either of my web requests. It's been >20 days since the first one, and >5 days since the second one.

At this point I really don't know what else to do. And IDK how this change impacts my application either. I'd recommend just waiting it out if you're not in a hurry to apply. It'll be one less thing to worry about.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I just called CIC on +1 (888) 242-2100 using the TextNow app and the address change did go through. So i guess the webform does work, but they don't respond to you.

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
I just called CIC on +1 (888) 242-2100 using the TextNow app and the address change did go through. So i guess the webform does work, but they don't respond to you.
Thanks for the update ! Congratulations
I did try using webform but got a generic reply. If a call could help, may be I ll go through the application. There is always uncertainty with immigration, that's what I am afraid of...if I wait for 2 months and rules change in that time.
Once again, thanks. I hope you receive your PR soon. All the Best

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
Thanks for the update ! Congratulations
I did try using webform but got a generic reply. If a call could help, may be I ll go through the application. There is always uncertainty with immigration, that's what I am afraid of...if I wait for 2 months and rules change in that time.
Once again, thanks. I hope you receive your PR soon. All the Best
Did u get PPR ?

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
crazy coincidence! i literally just got my passport submission email.
Hey man, can you confirm when you are free ? I am about to submit my application hoping that I would be able to change address from India to Aus through phone call or via CSE just like you did it for USA address and PPR would be for USA embassy and not India. Any indication from your side would ease my mind a lot ! Thanks again.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hey man, can you confirm when you are free ? I am about to submit my application hoping that I would be able to change address from India to Aus through phone call or via CSE just like you did it for USA address and PPR would be for USA embassy and not India. Any indication from your side would ease my mind a lot ! Thanks again.
Hey, sorry I only just saw this.

So here's what happened:
-- I got my PPR email (to my email inbox) with instructions to submit passport to vfs india
-- I emailed CPC ottawa on their VO email asking them to allow me to submit the passport from the US
-- Called CIC for directions, they asked me to wait and email again after 7 days
-- Email CPC Ottawa again on day 8 since PPR email
-- Called CIC again on day 10, they told me CPC is very busy and they will respond in due course
-- On day 10 close to 6 pm ET, I received a message on my online profile. The message was titled "Information Letter." It's essentially the PPR email with instructions to mail my passport to Ottawa (its direct mail from the US and not through VFS).

So all in all, the address change worked out fine. It didn't delay my PPR. Had to wait 10 days to get instructions for US submission, but my new 30 day deadline is 30 days from the 2nd PPR letter. They didn't ask for any additional evidence. Just make sure you promptly inform them of address change, that's all.

Let me know if you have other questions.

MateDownUnder

Nov 5, 2019
Hey, sorry I only just saw this.

So here's what happened:
-- I got my PPR email (to my email inbox) with instructions to submit passport to vfs india
-- I emailed CPC ottawa on their VO email asking them to allow me to submit the passport from the US
-- Called CIC for directions, they asked me to wait and email again after 7 days
-- Email CPC Ottawa again on day 8 since PPR email
-- Called CIC again on day 10, they told me CPC is very busy and they will respond in due course
-- On day 10 close to 6 pm ET, I received a message on my online profile. The message was titled "Information Letter." It's essentially the PPR email with instructions to mail my passport to Ottawa (its direct mail from the US and not through VFS).

So all in all, the address change worked out fine. It didn't delay my PPR. Had to wait 10 days to get instructions for US submission, but my new 30 day deadline is 30 days from the 2nd PPR letter. They didn't ask for any additional evidence. Just make sure you promptly inform them of address change, that's all.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Thanks a lot man ! Feel Relieved. And really happy for you!