+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of address after decision made but before oath

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Anyone here move to a new province after decision made, but before oath? Does that change your processing office? Also any idea how long it will be for oath after decision made? My current processing office is Montreal but I am moving to a suburb of Toronto this week.

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Following, as I am thinking about moving as well, not sure when specifically, and I hope it will not affect anything as so much is now being done online. But I guess some stuff will need to be mailed to me, like the certificate.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Anyone here move to a new province after decision made, but before oath? Does that change your processing office? Also any idea how long it will be for oath after decision made? My current processing office is Montreal but I am moving to a suburb of Toronto this week.
Can't say for sure but in this particular case, it is likely that there will be a file transfer.

File transfers are generally NOT done when there is a pending activity in your application. For example, if you received an oath invitation and you then update your address that is in a difference province, I don't think a file transfer will be done in that case.

Read more about file transfers because of address changes in the below link =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/sending-applications-changes-address.html