+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change job when apply for OWP visa extention

jenooo

Oct 5, 2019
Hi
I came to Canada 5 months before and my visa was expired on Sept 1, before expire time I applied for OWP extension and since my SIN number was valid till Sept 1, can I change my job now and is this possible extend my SIN number? process time of OWP is around 106 days according to CIC website and just around 37 days passed from my application time.

note : I am not US citizen and I am from middle east

Regards.

Last edited:

jenooo

Oct 5, 2019
please somebody give me a comment, I want to know can I change my job since I apply before the expire time of my OWP but my SIN number is expired.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
please somebody give me a comment, I want to know can I change my job since I apply before the expire time of my OWP but my SIN number is expired.
Impossible to comment without knowing what kind of OWP you held previously and on what basis you applied to extend your OWP.

Reactions: jenooo

jenooo

Oct 5, 2019
Impossible to comment without knowing what kind of OWP you held previously and on what basis you applied to extend your OWP.
thank you for your apply, my wife is a student in Canada and she will finish her studies at least 2 years later, she is self-funded and I need to support her financially( she doesn't have any income and saving money). based on this explanation I am looking for another job with higher income to afford the expenses.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank you for your apply, my wife is a student in Canada and she will finish her studies at least 2 years later, she is self-funded and I need to support her financially( she doesn't have any income and saving money). based on this explanation I am looking for another job with higher income to afford the expenses.
You cannot extend your SIN until you get your new work permit but can continue to work on the expired SIN.

You can change jobs but a new employer may not want to hire you while on Implied Status with an expired SIN.

Reactions: jenooo and k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In order to both be approved for your OWP and her study permit you did have to show that you had the funds to support yourselves.

Reactions: jenooo