+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in PCC format by consulate. How to contact IRCC to inform the change?

santab

Sep 15, 2018
My application was recently cancelled as incomplete. The reason provided was 'true copy of police certificate' is not allowed.
Hungarian consulate provided only True Copy of original electronic Hungarian certificate along with English translation. Upon following up with Hungarian consulate, received a reply that the consulate will provide only True Copy of the original certificate. This is the new process by Hungary in last couple of months.
The consular general further said that he/she can send a letter explaining the changed process to IRCC.

My question is: to which email id should I provide to Hungarian consul general? I tried calling IRCC call center but could never get through an agent

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
My application was recently cancelled as incomplete. The reason provided was 'true copy of police certificate' is not allowed.
Hungarian consulate provided only True Copy of original electronic Hungarian certificate along with English translation. Upon following up with Hungarian consulate, received a reply that the consulate will provide only True Copy of the original certificate. This is the new process by Hungary in last couple of months.
The consular general further said that he/she can send a letter explaining the changed process to IRCC.

My question is: to which email id should I provide to Hungarian consul general? I tried calling IRCC call center but could never get through an agent
I do not think there is an email address as such...but your best bet would be keep calling them until you get through to someone...I have called twice and both times it took me about 1 hour of wait before someone answered my call.

Eso

Dec 29, 2018

Please, does this mean IRCC does not accept true copies of PCC from Hungarian embassy? If YES, how do I fix this issue?
Am about applying for Hungarian PCC at their embassy

Last edited:

santab

Sep 15, 2018
After my initial application was rejected due to Hungarian PCC, I applied again immediately and received a new invite.
In parallel, I started communication with Hungarian consulate. People at Hungarian consulate were very supportive. We were told that Hungary has stopped providing original copy of the Hungarian language PCC and will only provide an electronic true copy. And this is now true for all the Hungarian consulates/embassies across the globe.
I attached the email communication with my application and finally that was accepted by CIC on the new application.
My current application is Medical Passed status and I guess that means the documents at least have been verified.

If you receive the true electronic copy of the PCC, I suggest you follow up with Hungarian embassy/consulate that issued it and ask for an official letter stating that the embassy does not provide original Hungarian document and only an electronic true copy. Attach that with your PCC file

Reactions: szeder

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, I have the PCC from Hungarian consulate and it is still the certified true of the original, I also got the English translation from them. I asked to consulate to send me a written statement in English that they can't provide the original document as policy. Is there anything else I can do or should I just scan the english translation, the stamp (don't know if it should be translated), and the hungarian document. How did you submit the document from consulate @santab? Thank you!

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hello, I have the PCC from Hungarian consulate and it is still the certified true of the original, I also got the English translation from them. I asked to consulate to send me a written statement in English that they can't provide the original document as policy. Is there anything else I can do or should I just scan the english translation, the stamp (don't know if it should be translated), and the hungarian document. How did you submit the document from consulate @santab? Thank you!
Hello Marez

I was given a letter by Hungarian consulate in toronto confirming that they only provide an electronic copy and not original. I scanned that letter as page one and then scanned remaining pages.
At the time consular officer had mentioned that they have informed IRCc multiple times but still they keep getting this query :(

I will suggest you better get a letter from consulate if possible, add it with your occ scan. If you can’t get it within your submission window then mention it in LOE if you want to be sure.

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
Hello Marez

I was given a letter by Hungarian consulate in toronto confirming that they only provide an electronic copy and not original. I scanned that letter as page one and then scanned remaining pages.
At the time consular officer had mentioned that they have informed IRCc multiple times but still they keep getting this query :(

I will suggest you better get a letter from consulate if possible, add it with your occ scan. If you can’t get it within your submission window then mention it in LOE if you want to be sure.
I sent an email to the consular office, let's see what they inform. Thanks a lot for your help!

marez01

Mar 1, 2021
Hello Marez

Hi, I am sorry to bother you again. Did you have the document translated, because there is a hungarian stamp in between the english translation page and hungarian document. All pages are attached with a string but I am not sure if I should have that stamp translated as well.

Also, the consulate here refuse to give any sort of letter and they just sent an email explaining that they can't give the document after my efforts.